"I had a great time tonight" Brendon smiles as he pulls up to my building.

"So did I. We should, uh, we should go out again sometime" I reply. My heart skips a beat when he nods and takes my hand and intertwines our fingers.

"I have something to say" He says, almost whispering. I nod slowly, suddenly even more nervous.

"When I first met you, I could tell how shy and self conscious you were right away, and I just want to say that I'm glad that we've helped you overcome that part of yourself. Just within the last month, you've become more confident, and I'm proud of you. You were beautiful then, but you're even more so now." He gushes out quickly, giving me a soft smile.

I feel tears well up in my eyes and I force them back, squeezing his hand.

"Thank you so much, Brendon. You really have helped me, and I don't know how I could ever return the favor. It means so much to me that you would say that. This past month has been the best time of my life, and I'm definitely looking forward to hanging out with you guys for a long, long time"

Brendon unbuckles his seatbelt, leaning over the center console and placing a chaste kiss on my lips. He pulls away and smiles sweetly at me, blushing a bit.

"Now look who's blushing, you dork" I smirk, unbuckling myself and grabbing my purse off the floorboard. "Goodnight, Brendon" I kiss his cheek and step out of the car. He winks at me and starts the car up as I start to walk away.

As soon as I get into my apartment, I call my mom to tell her everything. (she's like my best friend)

"Honey, why are you always calling late at night?" My mom answers her phone, groaning.

"Because I just got home from a date, mom! With Brendon! I'm kind of freaking out!" I half-yell into the phone

"Oh my god! Tell me everything! Was he a gentleman, did he treat you well?"

"Mom, everything was perfect. He's a perfect gentleman,he has great taste in movies, he's an amazing kisser, and he's literally just perfect in every way" I gush, laying down on the couch and staring up at the ceiling.

"That's awesome! Remember the rule though, sweetie"

"Yes mom, it isn't a relationship until he meets you and talks to dad. I think dad would like him, but we'll see if it even gets that far. We may just go on a couple dates and then stay friends, who knows. But either way, I'm just glad to have him and the guys in my life, they're making everything easier for me"

"I'm so glad everything is working out! Your father and I are so proud of you! Okay, I have to work tomorrow, so I'm gonna go. Goodnight sweetie"

"Goodnight mom" I hang up and walk to my room, still grinning. I lay out some pajamas on my bed and walk into the bathroom. I take a long, relaxing shower and then head to bed, knowing I'm not going to sleep well because I'll be thinking about the night I've had.