As we pull up to my parents' house, I can tell Brendon is a little nervous.

"Brendon, I can tell you're nervous. Trust me, there's no reason to be. They'll absolutely love you" I grab my bag and get out of the car as he does the same. He takes my hand and we walk up to the door.

"Mom, dad? We're here!" I open the door and walk into the front room.

"Oh, honey you're early!" My mom rushes out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on her baking apron. "You must be Brendon! Oh, I've heard so much about you! Even before you guys met she-"

"Mom, please don't finish that sentence" I groan. Brendon laughs quietly and squeezes my hand.

"It's lovely to meet you, Mrs. Hazel" He flashes her a dazzling smile, letting go of my hand and extending it out to my mother. They shake hands and my mother turns to me.

"I can see why you like him, he's charming" Mom smiles, sending me a wink. I just nod and stay silent so I don't embarrass myself. Brendon looks down at me and wraps his arm around my waist.

"Oh you two are adorable! Dad is in the basement watching football, I'm sure he would love to meet Brendon! Why don't you head down there and introduce them?" Mom suggests, looking down at her flour-covered apron. "Oh, and dinner will be done in about half an hour, hope you're hungry!"

"Thank you, mom" I say, walking toward the basement door. Before I open it, I turn to Brendon. "Okay, you're about to have the dad talk. Just be honest, make eye contact, don't act nervous, and make sure you give him a firm handshake. Also, if he seems grumpy or rude in any way, it's only because either his team is losing, or he's out of cigarettes."

"Got it, babe. I'm sure it'll be a breeze. I can take the pressure" He smiles and leans down to press his lips to the top of my head. I nod and smile, opening the door and leading him down to the 'man cave'.

When we walk into the basement, I see dad lounging in his favorite recliner with a can of beer in his hand. I walk over to him, pulling Brendon along. Brendon hasn't stopped smiling since we got here.

"Hey dad, I want you to meet Brendon, the, uh, the guy I'm currently dating." I stutter, not knowing how to introduce him. Dad gets out of his chair and stands in front of Brendon with a smile.

"Welcome to our home, nice to meet you Brendon" Dad says in his too-professional tone, extending his hand. Brendon takes it and gives it a confident shake.

Good boy, Beebo.

"Thank you for having me! You have a wonderful home, sir" Brendon nods and smiles at my father.

"Well, I'm gonna go see if mom needs help cleaning up the kitchen or something" I smile and pat Brendon's arm before walking back up the stairs to the kitchen.

Brendon's P.O.V.

As Autumn leaves the room, I suddenly feel insecure about speaking to her father.

I know I can handle it, but this is ten times more nerve wracking than any other 'dad talk' I've been involved in, because I feel so deeply for Autumn and it makes me nervous that he may not like me.

"Sit down, make yourself comfortable" Her dad smiles, gesturing to the chair next to his own. He mutes the TV and sits back down, turning his chair to face mine. I sit down, maintaining a pleasant expression despite how nervous I am.

"So, Brendon. What do you do for a living?" He asks right off the bat.

"Well, I'm the lead singer of a well known band. We tour other countries and have songs on movie soundtracks and so forth"

"That's interesting, must be a lot of travel. Speaking of, if you're out of the country or even just out of state, how do you plan on keeping in touch with my daughter?"

"Well, we text every day, and when I'm away, I will probably call or video chat or things like that"

"Good, good. What exactly are your intentions with my daughter?"

Wow, jumping in to the real dad questions...

"Well, I have deep feelings for her, and I intend on treating her like a woman should be treated. Cherished and pampered, if she so pleases. I hope we can begin an official relationship and take it slowly so that we don't jump into anything before we know each other completely. I have high hopes, because she's a brilliant, vivacious girl. I can see us years from now, if not together romantically, being best friends for a very long time" I reply, getting deeper into the answer than I initially thought.

"Very well spoken! I like that you would take it slow, with her being only nineteen and all. She does need time to focus on herself, improving herself and so on. I respect your answer. And on that note, I must tell you, if she hasn't told you already, that she does in fact struggle with her self image and sometimes she sinks into phases of depression. She is taking medication, but I think having you to help her will be even better. Are you willing to support her through her troubled times?"

Jesus, this guy is too well spoken.

"Of course, I'm here for her whenever she needs me. If I'm not close enough to physically be with her, all she has to do is text or call me and I'll help her through as much as I can. She's special to me, and I would hate to see her hurting"

"You seem like a very good choice for her, Brendon. I'm glad she has someone like you around. I'm done with my little interview, you've passed all the criteria and I can see that you do have very strong feelings for her, and I can see it in her eyes when she talks about you that she feels the same. You have my approval to call yourself her boyfriend or whatever you want to call it" He extends his hand out again for me to shake.

"Thank you, sir. I promise to do everything in my power to make her happy. She means the world to me" I grin and shake his hand firmly.

Well, that went better than I expected.