Chapter 21

On the way home from the party, Shawn texted me. The whole way home we texted. Sam was going to sleepover again since it was 1am. I was still texting Shawn when Sam and I were getting ready for bed. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve and I didn't want to be super tired. I love Christmas Eve. I went to lay down and text Shawn as Sam was in the bathroom getting ready to go to bed as well.

I fell asleep while texting Shawn. That's what I figured out when I woke up and checked my phone. Sam took my phone and texted him as I was asleep. She took my picture and sent it to him and then told him I couldn't text him back. I laughed so hard. It was noon when I got up. I always slept in. Sam was still asleep  so I let her sleep. I went downstairs and grabbed the container of cookies for us. My brother was sitting on the couch playing in his iPod and my parents went to the store. Or so Braden says.

I didn't know when Sam would get up so I just took the cookie container upstairs, and went back downstairs to hang out with Braden. He set up Madden on the Play Station and we played. Seahawks against the Broncos. We played about 2 and a half quarters when Sam came down the stairs and yelled at us for being too loud. She came and sat by me, half asleep still.

My parents got home around 2 and then Sam went home. We always watched The Christmas Story at 8 and that was really the only thing we did as a family so I had a few hours to myself. I went upstairs after Sam left and FaceTimed Shawn who looked so happy to see me. We talked for a couple hours but then he had to go. I didn't want him to go but I had to let him go. I went down stairs and we ate dinner and watched the Christmas Story. I went  to bed after that, and that was my Christmas Eve.

As I fell asleep, I realized how much I missed Shawn. I went to my mom and told her and she said she understood and told me that I would be able to see him soon enough. I went to bed and fell asleep.