Chapter 29

"I'll tell you when I get there. I'm like five minutes away."
    "Tell me now," I ordered. I don't know why.
    He hung up and I chucked my phone. I was terrible. I figured it was something bad if he wouldn't tell me over the phone. Was he cheating on me? Was he a drug dealer? Literally any possible thought swam through my head that  five minutes I waited. My brother had grabbed my phone from across the room and handed it to me. Thank god it wasn't broken.
   Shawn came and told me he would tell me in my room. I bounded up the stairs as he was talking to my brother. I didn't know how to feel. I didn't know what to think, I could just tell from the sound of his voice on the phone that something was up. I planted my butt near the head of my bed and stayed there until Shawn came in my room. He opened my door and peered in at me.
  "I'm sorry I didn't tell you on the phone. It just seemed easier to tell you in person," he explained as he walked to my bed and sat beside me. I still got butterflies in my stomach when was near him- they were bad.
   "It's fine. Can you tell me now?"
    "Yea. You know my ex, Emily?" He asked. He didn't let me answer and continued. "She wanted to meet for breakfast because she was near here."
   "Why did she?"
   "Because she wanted to talk stuff out," I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He was with his ex because she wanted to talk.
    "Shawn, are you cheating on me?" I blurted with a tear rolling down my cheek.
    "No baby, it's nothing like that," he cooed in my ear as he touched my arm. I was too angry to even understand that phrase. I pulled my arm away from him and told him to leave. Well, yelled at him. I'm pretty sure my parents and brother heard but they never came up.
    "Please let me explain," he kept his calm.
     "No," I bawled. "I loved you. I should have listened to the haters."
     "No way. Please let me explain. I want to I love you," he started to cry.
      "No."