Chapter 22

I woke up Christmas morning at 4 am. My parents have a rule that we have to wait until at least 6 to get them up. I could tell me brother was up already because his room was across the hall from mine and I could hear his video games. I sat on my bed and read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

By 6, my brother was out of his room and down the hall to wake my parents up. They came into my room and told me to go down stairs. I did. After I brushed my hair and looked decent because they took pictures all the time. I walked down stairs slowly, still half asleep from being up since 4.

As I rounded the corner to the living room I saw him. Shawn was there. Talking to my family as if he knew them already. I ran over and hugged him so tightly.

"How? I mumbled into his chest.

"Your mom reached out to me last night and told me how you told her you missed we already," he explained. "I didn't have anywhere to go and I was a few states over and I flew over last night."

"I love you. This is amazing," I said as I hugged him. I didn't care about the presents I got. He even had a present for me in his hand. I didn't have a present for him. I was going to get him one once I knew I would see him. I felt terrible.

"I didn't get you a present," I pointed to the bag in his hand.

"Me being with you is enough of a present,"He argued. "I don't need one."

"Nope. I'm going to go get you one as soon as the stores open after Christmas."

He just ignored me and sat down on the couch. He gestured to the bag that he put in my hand. I opened it and looked inside. It was a picture frame with all the pictures we took right before we kissed. It was so cute.

"Thank you," I thanked him as I held the picture up.

"Ok. Now open the other presents," my mom told me and my brother.

We started with our stockings. A bunch of candy and makeup was in mine. We went onto the actually presents next. As I opened mine, Shawn sat beside me on the floor. He would pick up the wrapping paper when I ripped it off. I got a lot of really good stuff for presents, although, the Shawn mercy was a little awkward to show Shawn. But I was so happy about it. I thanked my parents and then took my mom into the kitchen.

"Thank you so much for getting him here and letting him come."

"Anything for my baby girl," she said. "As long as your happy, I'm happy. Now go out there and spend time with him."

We walked out of the kitchen and everyone was done in the living room. I took Shawn up to my room. We talked forever until my parents called us down for dinner.

"How long are you here?" I asked as we walked down the stairs together.

"4 days."

"Really?" I was surprised.

By then, we were in the kitchen and my mom brought the food to the table. We all ate like it was totally normal to have Shawn in our house. Shawn was telling my brother stories about how he loved to play Boom Beach and stuff like that. Mom and Dad were talking about what to do tomorrow and I just sat back and watched everything unfold. Everything was perfect. That's when my brother screamed, and pointed towards the back door.