Chapter 51

LISTEN TO ^ WHEN READING

My phone laid on the floor next to me as I sat on the floor in a ball of tears. My wailing got the attention of my parents as they ran into my room. They kneeled down to me asking what happened. Unable to answer, I point at my phone. My dad rushed over and grabbed my phone off the floor. The call still going he put it to his ear.

"Hello?" He asked in a serious tone.
As I heard the voice on the other side, his eye brows furrowed and then he locked eyes with me. I could see the breath go out of him as he left the room with my phone in his hand.

"Mom," I gulped out.

"Yes?" She answered. She didn't know what was going on. She still comforted me, lying on the ground with me, pulling me into a hug.

"He's gone." The words escaped my mouth and I felt my heart shatter. "He's gone." I repeated, trying to get myself to believe it.

"What?" She asked, confused. "Who's he?"

"Shawn." That's all I said. The call was Cameron- he said Shawn got him freed but he was shot by Emily and is dead.

My dad walked in right after I told my mom. She didn't know what I meant. My dad called her name softly and told her to meet him in the hallway. She let go of me and followed. Tears flowing down my cheeks I waited for my parents to return.

After what seemed like forever, they walked in and held me. They started crying too.

"There's no way," I said between sobs. "I can't believe it."

"You have to," my dad whispered in my ear. "We are here for you."

My life seemed to crumple right before my eyes.

A WEEK LATER
I still wasn't able to go more than five minutes without bursting into tears, but it was Shawn's funeral and I had to go.

I got dressed and went down stairs, my parents waiting at the doorway.

"Ready?" They asked in unison.

Nodding, I walked out the door and to the car. On our drive there, I cried and as I sat in the funeral I cried.

I sat by myself in the back of the funeral. No one sat next to me. As the funeral started to come to an end, someone sat next to me. I looked up and was able to smile for the first time in what seemed forever.

*•*•*
The End
Wanna know a secret?
There's gonna be a sequel.