Shawn's POV

Shawn's POV of when him and Alyssa fight.
*******************************************
   On my way home from a terrible breakfast with Emily, I get a call from Alyssa. Her ringtone is Believe because every time I think of her, I can't believe I'm dating the most perfect girl, so I have to believe.
I picked it up after singing the first couple words. I answered and she asked me what I was doing earlier. I paused. I didn't want to tell her over the phone. She wouldn't understand.
"I'll tell you when I get there. I'm like five minutes away, "I told her.
    She hung up and I drove to her house. Treat You Better played on the radio and I slammed the audio button to turn it off. I knew she was going to ask questions. I knew she wasn't going to understand. I did it for her. Emily wanted us to break up. She was going to do anything and everything to make it happen.  I didn't want to try and explain it to her. I just wanted her to understand.
    I parked in her drive way and got out. I hesitated for a moment an went to the front door. It was always unlocked when they were home so grabbed the door knob shaking and walked in. Alyssa was on the floor playing video games with her brother and her parents were in the kitchen.
"Can we talk in your room?" I asked, putting a hand on her back. She leaped up and ran up to her room. What did she think?
    "Hey Braden,"I said before I went upstairs too.
    "Hi. Shawn, do you want to play with me later?"
     "Sure. I got to go talk to your sister first, then I will." I told him, hoping that out talk goes well.
     I turned around in my black Vans and started to walk up the stairs. I walked down the hallway to her room and her door was slightly open. I grabbed the door and peered around the corner to see if she was in there. I opened the door the whole way and walked up to her.
   "I'm sorry I didn't tell you on the phone. It just seemed easier to tell you in person,"I told her hoping she understood.
    "Fine. Can you tell me now?" She snapped at me. I had made her mad. I didn't mean to. I explained to her that I was with Emily eating breakfast.
    "Why did she?" She questioned me.
    "Because she wanted to talk stuff out," I tried to go on but she blurted half to tears,
    "Shawn, are you cheating on me?" Why would she think that? Other than my family she was the only thing that mattered to me. My family was  what kept me going before I met her. They had done so much for me. Now I had both.
    "No baby," I told her rubbing the back of her arm. "It's nothing like that."
    She screamed at me. She wouldn't let me continue although I tried. I hurt her unintentionally and it hurt me. I knew it was a bad idea from the start but I didn't listen to myself.
"I knew it wasn't going to last!" She yelled at me. "I can't believe you!"
"Please let me explain," I held back the tears and anger.
"No, I loved you. I should have listened to the haters," she bawled. She lowered her voice slightly.
That was a stab to the chest. I loved her. I didn't want to lose her. I couldn't. She was my world. I loved her so much.
"No way. Please let me explain. I want to. I love you." I lost my composure. I started crying right there. I knew it would happen. I was emotional. I didn't want her out of my life.
She was going to be gone as fast as she entered.
She told me to leave. I did. I left the room and shut her door. I could hear her sobs through the door. I was killed by how much I hurt her. I walked a few steps and then turned to look at the door. The room that I spent so much time with Alyssa. I couldn't look very long before I was bawling like a baby. I ran down the steps and out the front door to my car and sped away. Her dad was trailing after me on foot.
     I couldn't see the road clearly, my eyes were filled with tears. I pulled off and let myself calm down. I was so hurt. I sat there for about 15 minutes when I got a call from Alyssa's mom. My heart skipped and my stomach rolled. It could be good or bad. I picked it up and answered.