Chapter 19

Niall's POV

Last night my dad came home drunk off his arse as usual and my mum didn't come home. She was probably at some other guy's house. She's always sleeping around with other guy's only because my dad is drunk most of the time. I fed Ed, helped him with homework and got him ready for bed. I offered dad a piece of pizza from earlier but he was passed out on the couch. So here I am now, sitting in bed wide awake at 3 am.  My mind fills with the images of earlier. Lizzie with her hair dripping on her shoulders, the smell of her hair, us on the couch together.  She is beautiful. Everything about her is. The way she looks into your eyes when you talk, how she truly listens to every word you say and takes it to heart, how she is so easy to talk to. Her beauty takes my breathe away. Every time.

Everything changed after the car ride. Something just flicked on and we went from saying nothing to each other to cuddling on the couch in a matter of 3 days. How did that happen? It seems so easy now. Why was it so hard before? Maybe I shouldn't question it.  Maybe I should just go with it.Maybe she will help me... save Ed and me from our never ending nightmare. I hope she will. I can't take much more of living like this. its just a temporary home until we can leave. We don't belong here with them.  

The wind whistles outside. I look out at the dark world. Everything is covered in blackness. So dark and alone. Its misunderstood. The dark. Everyone says its where all the monsters hid, bad things happen under the cover of dark,the unspeakable things that happen. Isolation and confusion.  But without the dark you can't see the stars and moon shining high above us all shining their light down, you wouldn't be able to see the dazzling colours of fireworks, or  watch someone you love chase after fireflies that are flashing throughout the sky.  The isolation that allows you to think of everything with a clear mind.  You can't dream properly without the dark. It allows you to paint pictures in your head. That's why I like it. Its just like me, scary on the outside and but intriguing on the inside. If you just look past all the stereotypical things.

My eyes focus on a figure standing outside my house. I watch to see what they are going to do. But the person just stands there. Are they really there or is this  just my imagination?  The wind blows, causing her hair to move with it. After a few moments, she turns and takes off back own the street. I need to know who it was. I get up as quickly and quietly as I can and run out the door. Upon reaching the cracked sidewalk I catch a glimpse of of her under the streetlight turning the corner. Light brown wavy hair and a face that looks like its full of thought.

Lizzie? What? Why? Why was she out here? Did she need to talk? Is something wrong? Is she okay?  Oh God id I do something? I run my hands through my hair. I'm panicking. I have to stop this. I'll talk to her tomorrow. I need to calm down. It is probably nothing. I realise that my breathing is heavier, like I'm hyperventilating. I think I am. Why is this making me so anxious? I walk back into the house and go back into my room. I lay down and grow tired. Why is it that whenever something emotional happens? My eyelids grow heavy and soon find myself in more darkness. 

" Waiting in the calm of desolation. Wanting to break from this circle of confusion. Sleeping in the depths of isolation. Trying to wake from this daydream of illusion.' (Misunderstood-Dream Theater)  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLOOOO! lonmg time no post! sorry about that. ive been a bit busy. i hope you enjoy this chap[ter! :) love your sexy faces! :*

Comment &Vote please 

Emily x