Chapter 20

Lizzie's POV

Im sitting in my bed waiting for Niall to answer my message. What did he need to talk about?  Is he okay? is Ed okay? This is stressing me out. I need to start getting ready. Dinner is at 6:00 and its 1:56 now. I start picking at my nails. my nervous habit that I have never been able to break. I check my phone again and let out a frustrated huff. Still no answer. I stand up and walk to the bathroom. I turn on the water and wait for it to heat up. The hot water meets my skin and starts to soothe my tense muscles. I faintly hear my phone go off. "Great." I sigh, " now he'll think im ignoring him because I wont answer right away." 

  I finish my shower and walk back to my room. I sit on my bed in my wet towel and check my messages.I read the new message from Niall.

  To: Me From: Niall Horan :P

  " Did you go running early this morning? cuz this might sound crazy but I swear I saw you standing outside my house and then run down the street. I ran out after wards cuz I didnt know who it was until you ran  under the street light. are you okay? is something wrong?"

He...he saw me?? What? I read the message over two more times to make sure im not crazy. He did see me. He must think im a stalker or something. Ill just tell him what happened.

To:Niall Horan :P From:Me

" Im fine. dont worry. I just went for a run to clear my head. and I somehow ended up at your house.  thats all. I didnt mean to scare you or anything.  I thought everyone was asleep and just stood in front thinking.  sorry about that. "

That sounds normal right?  No!  He won't believe that... This is just great.

I need to get dressed, im still sitting in a wet towel. I quickly put on a pair of shorts and a tank top and begin drying my hair. 

Just as I finish curling the last piece of my hair my phone buzzes once again.  It took a while for him to respond. I only know that because it takes about an hour or hour and a half to dry my hair and curl it. I set the iron down and grab my mobile.

To:Me From: Niall Horan :P

"oh alright. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. :) could I ask why you needed to clear your head? "

To: Niall Horan :P From: Me

" yea. I was thinking about your..um... situation. and why and how someone could do that. and well how I could help you and Ed. it was keeping me up. "

I click send and put my phone back down. My makeup bag is pathetic compared to Gemma's. It only has a couple things of eyeshadow, 3 eye pencils in black, brown, and gold, and empty mascara and a brand new one, a few brushes, foundation and blush/bronzer. Gemma probably has every kind of makeup ever made m and only uses half of it. Im sure she only has it just to have it. I start applying the brown liner with a little gold over it. A brush a light brown shadow over my lids with a darker bit on the outside corners. I check the time. Its about 4 o'clock.  I brush on a couple coats of mascara and add some blush to my cheeks. 

*PING*

"Mother trucker!" I shout. That caught me off guard.  I was so focused on doing my makeup. I open the new message.

To: Me From: Niall Horan :P

"oh.... im so sorry...I never meant for it to bother you like that. and I would never live with myself if something went wrong if you tried to help. please dont take that in a bad way. I would never forgive myself. as much as I would love for you to help me and ed but its just to horrible. I dont want to bring you in on that. I care too much about you to do that. but thank you :)"