Chapter 32

Lizzie's POV

the ringing of my phone wakes me up. I squint my eyes as I unlock the sun bright screen to see the caller ID, and hit the answer button.

"Hello?" i ask groggily. "Hey im at the front door." "okay I'll be right there." I roll out of bed and stretch whilst tiptoeing down the stair. I adjust my Bart Simpson jumper and my smooth out my leggings before i open the door. Behind it stands a guy in a white hoodie with a black pocket and jeans. His hands stuffed in his pockets and blond hair sticking out of his hood. He looks up to meet my eyes and his crystal blue eyes seem to glow against the dark . A smile forms as i motion him inside.  He hugs he as soon as he steps through the door. I push away, " What are you doing here Niall?! its 2 in the freaking morning?" I whisper angerly. " I just got off work and wanted to see  you because I missed you." Niall answers. "Shh, be quiet you amadan. Do you want my mum to wake up." I whisper back.  He grins at my use of the Irish language. " Oh stop grinning. If my mum catches you here, I wont hear the end of it." I look at him. He has a look of stubborness plastered across his face, there is no use in argueing with him. I sigh and grab his hand and drag him upstairs.  he plops down on my bed, kicks off his shoes, and pulls his hoodie over his head with his shirt sticking to it so his stomach shows. I cock my eyebrow because the boy has abs.

" Niall, give me a real reason to why youre here?"

" what! I cant come see my favourite girl because shes been on my mind always?"  I look at him and the 'really?' look until he cracks."okay okay" he raises his hands in defense," I didnt want to go home. my parents are being worse than usual. I couldn't stand being there. so I came here to escape." 

" oh. I see. but where is ed? I swear Niall if you -"  "He is at a friends house for the night. Jesus elizabeth do you think id leave him there!?"  "no, god no. I just didn't see him.  That's all."   I turn around and turn down the light and walk over to niall. " so if you're spending the night,  do you want a pair of shorts to sleep in or something? I can go grab a pair of Tony's, hes working tonight." he nods and I tiptoe to my brother's room to rummage around to find a pair that will not be missed.  

I toss them to niall when I get back to my room. He stands up, "  could I just change in here or,?" I nod after closing the door and turning off the light.

I crawl into bed and pull the covers up as niall rolles to the other side.he lays facing me and i can see his scar faintly. I want to know how he got it but i dont want to bring it up because it might cause bad memories. Is it from his parents, or a bar fight at work? 

"what are you thinking about, Elizabeth?"  I stare at him." Nothing."  "c'mon tell me." He says poking me  in the cheek. "c'mon. C'mon. C'mon." "okay fine. i'll tell you." i giggle. "i was thinking of..erm..um..how you go your scar?" i answer sheepishly. "Oh." his grin slides off his face. "You dont have to answer it if you arent comfortable. its fine i understand."   "no its okay. I  feel that you should because I already told you about my 'wonderful' family."

He takes a deep breath in and exhales and then looks to me. "It happened when i was about 10. My mum brought home a guy and i didnt understand it at that time what she was doing , so i thought that he was just her friend. Later when my dad got home, he asked me if mum was home and i replied yeah shes with her friend upstairs. Then he raced upstairs and i followed him because i wanted to know why he was angry. He yelled for me to go downstairs.I obeyed and waited at the bottom of stairs. All of a sudden My dad barraged out of the bedroom, dragged the guy out the front door and was livid at my mum. I got defensive because he was being a douche to mum for only having a 'friend' over and started yelling at him to be nice." Niall lets out a shaky breath. I grab his hand and squeeze it before he continues. "My dad then shoved me back into the china cabinet and i fell on the shattered glass on the floor. I felt all the pieces dig into my back and when i got up it felt sticky. I walked over and started hitting my dad in the back. He had had enough of me because he pushed me against the wall, grabbed a piece of the glass and pressed it to my jaw. I started to sob and then my mum ran down the stairs and slapped his hand away, but that only made it worse. His hand ran down my neck with the momentum of the slap.I felt the jagged glass cut up my skin. Blood started pouring out of the wound and i collapsed on the ground. Shocked with what they had down, they got their act and story together before rushing me to the hospital. i was told  later on that i almost didnt  make it because i lost so much blood. But here i am, marked with a reminder of my past forever." he chokes out. "Oh niall! thats terrible. how could a parent do that to their own child? Why didnt anyone report them?" "my parents told everyone that i was being an idiot and fell through a window." i answer instead a throw my arms around him. "Sh. its alright. I got you and i won't let you go. I'll never hurt you Niall because when you care someone, you want them to be safe and happy."  Everything is starting to make sense in m mind. I understand why my thoughts have been running rapid. "Niall, I love you more than the number of stars in the sky. i will always be here for you. and whatever you look like. whenever."  He lifts his head off my shoulder and a small smile appears," Elizabeth, I love you too." I lean to the side and kiss his scar and then his mouth. 

A while later he decided that we should play a game. "Elizabeth, lets play the question game." "no I dont wanna." I mumble. "Please?" Niall begs. "No i want to sleep." "Pretty please?" "Will i be able to sleep afterwards?" i huff. "Yes." he responds happily. "Fine. you go first." I say as i scooch up to be able to lean against the headboard.  "Okay.. um.. what is your favourite colour?"  "Neon green. Favouite food?" "Nando's. Favouite song?" "of all time or right now. because i can't answer the of all time one." "Fine of right now." "One by Ed Sheeran. favourite band or musician?" " uum Michael Buble, The Eagles and The Script. Last person yopu texted?" I grab ,my phone to check. " You." I laugh. " Favourite place that you've visted?" "America. Have you met any famous people and if so , who?"  " I have. I met 5 Seconds of Summer and Brian Johnson of AC/DC. You have an Irish Brogue you must've lived in Ireland for a while, so for how long and why did you move here?"  " i was borned and raised until 11 in Mullingar and we moved here because of my dad's job. How old were you when your parents split.?" " I think i was 9, so its been 8 years.  Um can i see the scars on your back?"  Instead of anwering he just slips his shirt opver his head. I can faintly make out the white lines of scarred skin. I trace my fingers over the bumps and lines. " okay your turn." He pulls is shirt back on, "Can i see your scars?"   i throw the blankets off of my body and roll up my leggings and put my legs in Niall's direction. HIs fingers run up and down the several 6 inch scars and studies them. "we can be matching with our scars. They tell the stories of our lives,  the hardships that we went through  and survived. We shouldn't be ashamed of them and try to cover them up,  they give us character.  Elizabeth,  your scars tell you how hard you have worked to be the runner that you are.  I love your scars and I love you."  he whispers as he sits up and moves closer to me.  His breath tickling my neck  until he plants a kiss under my earlobe, sending electricity through my body. my fingers curl around his neck. pulling him closer than I ever did before.  we kiss with such a passion and euphoria like emotions that I give into the urges and Niall takes me away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

guess who's back? back again? I am back. tell a friend!

hey everyone! im not dead! woo ray!!

I really hoped you liked this chapter! It took me awhile. :) its gettting spicyyy oghhh! I won't get descriptive. ....awk

well its great to be back!!

 Se dere senere! Ha det gøy

Emily xxx