Chapter 24

his voice was a mixture of worry and fear. it was shaking and cracking so much i felt it through the phone.  he sounded like a little boy would just woke up from a terrible nightmare and screamed for his parents. I can picture the tears welling up in his eyes as I hear a faint cry in the background.  nialls hushed voice comforts his brother, trying to keep his voice level but failed as a crack escapes his throat.  I need to go to them. they need me. I cant let suffer through that. I find my voice behind the shock and worry.

"n-niall? im coming. ill be there as fast as I can. I-i promise. stay safe." my voice is just mire than a strangled whisper.

"thank you elizabeth. whe you get here, dont pull into the driveway. stay in the street. please. they wont see you then." he says with concern.

"ill stay in the street."

" elizabeth? please...... stay on the phone with me. please..... it helps."

I run out the door and jump in the jeep and tear out of the driveway. speeding towards Nialls house.

"i wouldnt dare. not even in a million years." a small chuckle comes from the other end.    " get some clothes and whatever else you need. you can stay as long as you need until things calm down.and im absolutely positive so dont even ask."

*sigh*"alright. 'ed go grab some clothes and pyjamas. toothbrush and all that ok?' sorry."

"don't worry. remember to pack stuff for yourself as well. "

"oh. right. hang on im gonna grab some stuff."

I could hear a soft thump. I assuming it was a bag with some clothes in it. 'niall I got some clothes are these okay?' 'yea bud put 'em in the bag.'

"niall? imm 2minutes away." hands fumble for the phone. " thank you so much." "shush. its not like im going to leave you there.what kind of friend would I be if I did that?"

a silence answers me. I listen for a Moment. "niall? are you there? answer me. please" I practically cry in the the phone. I pull up to his house and park in the street. "niall im here. im going to hang up the phone. im in the street. be careful. please." 

Just as I click the end button, I see a front window open in the second story. Niall motions for me to meet him. I leave the car running and sprint up the the window. I look up to meet his scared eyes.

"elizabeth. take this bag and  put it in the car. please." he whisper yells as he tosses me a medium sized duffel bag. the house is a split level house. the second story being a few feet higher than the first. so its not that far off the ground. I grab the bag and rush to put it in the car. as I turn around I see another figure looming in the window. The figure grabs Niall and yanks him from the window. "NIALL!"  a paniced scream comes feom my throat. I hear a yell as niall struggles under the figures grasp. at the window a small brown haired boy is standing and screaming. as i near the window I can hear niall and he is arguing and fighting against a man who has a striking resemblance to niall. 'LET GO OF ME DAD! IVE HAD ENOUGH oF YOU AND MUM! ED AND I CANT KEEP LIVING THIS WAY. YOU ARE BEING AN AWFUL FATHER! YOUV-"  a fist flies through the air and connects with nialls face. The small boy, who im assuming is Ed, shierks like a banshee as tears start rolling down his face. Niall glances outside and turns to face his father once again and shoves him back to the wall. His father falls trips and falls over quite easliy which means he is probably drunk.

"eddie its okay. look out the window. do you see that girl right there? shes here to help us. im going to help you out the window and you go with her to the car okay?" " arent you coming with Niall?"  "I would never leave you. I promise. " He bends down and hugs his younger brother tightly and slowly turns back to face his abusive father.  Ed comes to the window and looks down at me as i stand in complete and utter shock of what I just witnessed.