Chapter 34

"But.. Why not?"

He stands there by my neck, giving me a small squeeze on my hips. He kisses the area eventually to my ear.

"I'm scared... I don't want to hurt you.. I've seen it." He whispers.

I let out a shaky sigh, I didn't even know I was holding in. I put my small hands in his curls.

"Don't worry ok? I will be fine! I promise."

"No" he pulls away and stares directly in my eyes. "I just can't do it right now. Im afraid that I won't be able to stop myself."

I slouch a bit and just give him puppy dog eyes. He looks everywhere but me trying to avoid my adorable stare. He sighs heavily.

"Damn it Caylan, stop it!"

I smirk a little. "What?"

"Stop with the cute puppy eyes!"

"I don't know what your talking about."

"Yeah you do!"

"No I don't!"

"Yeah!"

"No!"

"Yeah!"

"N-"

Right before I continue arguing his lips crash on mine. Im shocked at first, but eventually I kiss him back. As I'm about to wrap my arms around his neck, he pulls away.

"Good way to win an argument!" He says with a smirk.

I narrow my eyes and walk to the kitchen. He follows chuckling.

"What's the matter babe?"

I shut my eyes for a second and process what just happened. I gulp and turn to face him.

"It's just.. Am I the only one seeing all the dangers out there? There was the wolves that are still after me... Taylor... I'm only human.. I can't protect myself from that!"

"That's why I'm here!"

"Babe... You can't do it all on your own.."

"I'm not! I have the boys!"

I take a deep breath and shake my head.

"Harry. I want to protect mysel... never mind."

I walk to mine and Harrys room. I sit on the bed and think. There's a faint knock on my door.

"Caylan?"

"Hold on Harry. I just- I need a moment to think..."

"Ok baby.. take your time."

He shuts the door and I stand up. I slowly stroll over to my mirror. I look at myself and try to picture me as a vampire. I slightly smile to myself.

He won't ever do it.

I walk to the bathroom and decide to shower. I turn on the water, cringing at the coldness. Soon it turns to a perfect temperature. I step into the shower and sigh.

After all of my business we all do in the shower, I sit and let the hot water cascade down my back. Silence washes over me and I stare at the shower wall and think.

'If Harry isn't ready to change me... I shouldn't force him.'