(17) Confused Sum-Selen-Summer

"Oh shit." Demi muttered under her breath.

Ryan stood in front of the two girls; eyes widened and his mouth hanging open. He tried to put together what he had just heard, but he was completely confused right now. He pointed to Selena and mumbled words to himself, he smacked his palm against his forehead; he couldn't get around the fact that Summer..wasn't really Summer.

"I-I came to apologise for what happened before. But then I heard that and now all I want is someone to explain." Ryan finally spoke, allowing the girls to sigh with relief.

Demi smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I'm sorry too." She mumbled against his lips before pecking them. "And now the explanation.." She turned to face Selena to continue on.

Selena stuttered to herself, trying to find the right words to say. This could either go good or bad. She had a choice. Was she going to lie or just come out with the truth.

"You weren't meant to hear that." She cried out loud, letting her body flop with weakness. 

Ryan scoffed. "No shit." 

"Please. Just let me tell you the truth. Just don't judge me." She decided to go with the truth. 

"Judge? I've gotten past that stage. Now all I feel is confused, anger, annoyed." Ryan scoffed again.

"Ryan!" Demi smacked the back of her hand on his chest.

"What? At least I can admit to the truth unlike some people here." He shot at Selena, making her heart race.

"Don't say that to her." Demi defended Selena, she glared at Ryan.

"No. Don't even give me that. Don't even tell me not to say that to her. You have a big part in this too, I know you knew from the beginning. What happened to no secrets Demi? Or did you forget about Sum-Selen-Summer, whatever her name is!" Ryan shot at the both of them, causing Demi to quiet down. He had every right to be angry. It was sane of him to act this way after hearing such a deep secret.

"Please, let me just explain myself?" Selena asked, tears forming in her eyes. A sigh was heard from Ryan and he nodded at her.

"My name is Selena Marie Gomez. Yes, the teen pop star. I got tired of the fame, being that person that I didn't want to be any more. I wanted to be normal, so I ran away from home and came here. Demi was just helping me, we've been friends since we were little. I changed my whole name, my identity..just so that I could live the way you get to live every day. I wanted to be happy again. Only Demi and the school principal know about the real me. Please, don't tell anyone. Especially Justin." Selena explained, her voice cracking half way through.

Ryan was shocked as to what he was hearing until he remembered Justin. Justin and him were practically brothers, they never kept such deep secrets from each other. In fact, secrets didn't exist between the two. He couldn't keep this away from Justin, it wasn't even an option.

"I-I can't. I can't do that to Justin." He muttered.

Tears were running down Selenas' face. Of course. Why was she silly enough to think that Ryan wouldn't keep it away from Justin? She mentally laughed at herself for even thinking that she could have this normal life.

Happiness just didn't exist for her.

"What's going on in here?" Justin asked, his eyebrows scrunched together as he glanced over to Selena, his facial expressions soon dropped.

"Wh-why are you crying?" He rushed over wrapping his arm around her shoulder, he pulled her into his chest. Selena felt more than guilty, Justin didn't deserve this. She cried harder, but her weakness was being in Justins hold so she gave up and wrapped her arms around him.