Chapter 11

Another update :)) I'm good eh?Xx ps that isn't what she looks like or her outfit,, it was just the closest thing I could find.

Breath,Breath,Breath.

I chant this little memento to myself as Kelsey drives me to the park on the other side of town. Here, the Cash games will be presented.

The park itself is this big place that people go to host all kinds of things. From birthdays to graduating parties, the place was the perfect area.

There was a field that was the size of three football fields and the forest surrounded it perfectly.

A lake was at the edge and toward the right. If you walked past that you would end up to the park itself, where kids under the age of ten liked to hang on the weekends.

The place also severed as an area at night were kids liked to sneak to hangout and bum cigarettes.

I have no idea what to expect at this gathering or whatever these people called it. The only family time I ever get with everyone is on the holidays and even then, it is full of nothing but laughter and horsing around.

Maybe I have underestimated Jason. Just because he is the way he is doesn't mean his family is anything like him. For all I know they could be well brought up Michigan's who spend their weekends on the Yachts sipping iced lemonade.

If they own one, that is.

Sure, my town is small and everyone has heard of the MCCann brothers, but anything else was mostly mute.

When people only cared about the bad ones, there was no time to worry or even to talk about the other ones.

Kelsey must see my nerves and she reaches out and lays her hand on my fingers that kept tapping against my knee. I look at her quick and she gives me a reassuring smile.

"Why are you so worried? This is Jason we are talking about. Just think of it as if it is one of those Fun Fridays we used to do in school,"

I look at her dumbfounded. She removes her hand and my fingers start to begin tapping again on their own accord.

"You do know those games were in kindergarten, Right? Plus, I never showed up looking like this, " I motion to my clothes and regret ever doing this.

I should of dressed in a nice little summer dress with flats and my hair in a bow or beret. Why would I make myself end up in this situation?

Oh, right, I'm me. The girl who lived on impulses.

I really needed to stop doing that.

Kelsey turns into the entrance of the park and she looks at my hands again. "Listen, it's fine. You are freaking out over nothing. So what if they think you are a freak? You kind of are one, "

I shoot her a look that basically said she wasn't helping and she waves her right hand in the air.

"Never mind that. Mia, this is Jason. I'm sure his family has to be screwed up somewhere for him to come out like he is. "

"He's not as bad as you think, " I say, looking out the window. When did I start defending Jason?

I clear those thoughts away as I see the big gazebo comes into view. My mouth drops open and I even hear Kelsey whistle through her teeth.

Apparently, these games were important. Oh, and when I said gathering, I meant a damn circus of people! I see a sign that says reserved for the Mccanns and I can tell that they have reserved the whole field for this thing.

A big Gazebo was set up in the middle and I could see about four grills and tables full of chips, buns, soda, etc. set up.

Along different patches of the field little things were set up and I knew those were the actual games themselves.