Chapter 39 (EPILOGUE)

"We would like to welcome the graduating class of 2017 ! "

Everyone around me grabs their caps and we all seem to be counting down from three. Someone shouts and I join in and I lift my hand up and I throw my cap in the air, followed by the others.

The blues caps create little sparks of wonder along the blue, cloudless sky and everyone starts to cheer and scream, following each others voice as we celebrate our freedom.

A girl who I don't know is standing next to me and we both look at each other with big smiles on our faces.Even if we don't know each other, we are thinking the same thing.

We did it!

We are finally out of high school and boy does it feel good to be free.

Everyone starts to pick up random caps and I look around my feet and I see mine against someones chair.

I know it's mine because I put a little smiley face at the end and I pick it up, dust off the dirt, and put it under my arm.

Everyone starts to move around me like moving water and I just stand there and take everything in.

My senior year was perfect. It was filled with laughs, love, tears and so much more. I wish I could go back and relive it now that it's officially over. They always said that once you want to grow up, and you do, you wish you could start all over again.

I mean, I did want to go back. Relive some of my finest moments and change some of my worse ones, but I have so much more time to create more memories and make so many mistakes, that I couldn't stand here and dwell that it was over.

I should be happy that it happened.

I feel someone tap my shoulder and I turn around to see Ms. Jane, my old Library boss, standing in front of me.

She has since then taken on the concept of contacts and dyed her hair dark brown. She seemed to gain a little weight, filling in her curves and bring the whole thing together. I have to say, she looks better.

Though, the nose still needed a little work.

Okay, a lot of work.

"You did it. " She states, looking at me under that big nose. I smile at her, not in the mood to be catty, and she seems to stiffen.

As if I was going to bite her or something.

"I know, I really can't believe it. " I gush out, unable to hold my excitement. She huffs her chest a little, her long skirt moving around her feet.

"Same here. When you never showed back up to your job for the summer, I was sure you would flunk. But, You didn't. " She reaches over tensely and lays a hand on my shoulder, moving the blue material of my gown.

"I'm proud of you Mia. I hope you learn to be a wise young lady and grow up being the person you are today. Even if I do hate that attitude of yours. " I smirk at her a little and she drops her hand.

"I always knew you loved me Mr. , I mean Ms. J. " She looks away and pinches the bridge of her nose with her fingers. Though, how it fit in her fingers I have no idea.

"And there goes every nice word I said out the window in a matter of a second. I'll see you around Ms. Hastings. "

She walks through the people, muttering about how she is too old to still be doing this and I smile watching her go.

Even though I hated my job at the library when I had it, I think I might actually miss that old hag.

"Mia! Over here! "