Chapter 20

"And there was this time when Mia ran around naked and she had dirt all over her face. She looked horrible. Right, Mia? "

My head is lying on my hand and I'm leaning on the bench, with my elbow propped up. Jason and Justin sit on the other side and I roll my eyes.

'That's right, " I say without bothering to care and Jason goes back to telling some ridiculous made up story and Justin listens, nodding his head and sucking on his straw.

Me? Oh, I was just sitting here, trying to forget about what happened by the booth.

I knew if I thought about it, my heart would pick up again and I would probably go red in the cheeks.

"Right?" Jason says, with that same old voice and Justin lets out a little laugh.

I just blocked off whatever story Jason was now telling and I'm sure it involved me doing something totally stupid and half naked.

Funny thing is it sounded more like stories from when I get drunk.

I knew Jason was doing this on purpose to distract Justin from me. The minute I finally collected myself, I walked back to see Jason sitting beside Justin, telling him all kinds of things.

When Jason saw me he smiled as if he knew how I felt. I'm sure he did, because I know it showed on my face.

Justin looked at me weirdly, but he didn't say anything as he was dragged into my false childhood past.

I see a few Michigan Blues walk by and I watch them laugh and flirt their way to get money into the jar they were holding.

I watch as they flirt some guy into giving them 10$ and they walk away, waving and smiling.

They turn and head toward my table. Oh, no. I could not deal with overly happy, overly flirty, overly excited people.

I could deal with it to a point, but when those people try to beg me for money, to support something that they practically already had money for, I draw the line.

'Hiyah!" The brunette says and flips her hair over her shoulder.

The girl next to her offers a big smile to Justin. They don't even turn my way.

Well, isn't that just dandy!

I continue to just stare and watch the scene unfold. I mean, it wasn't like I could go off on them without a reason?

"Hey, " Justin says to them and Jason leans forward a little to get a better look at their legs. The brunette smiles and lays a hand on the table.

"Would you like to donate a dollar for the Michigan Blues tonight?" She says in a voice like honey and candy.

I shake my head and sit up straighter.

'Would you like to give money to us for we can go flip in short skirts and scream little chants like: 1,2,3,4, I'm the schools biggest whore?'" I say under my breath and I think the brunette's friend hears me because she shoots me a disgusted look.

Okay, maybe that was mean. Some of the cheerleaders on the team were actually pretty cool, but then there were some that were just ... Ivy Ellis.

Saying her name was like saying a curse word. It brought a smile to my face.

I watch as Jason reaches for his wallet and when he sees me watching him do it, he makes sure to go extra slow.

He pulls out a dollar and puts it in the jar, the whole time looking at me.

Justin finds a dollar too and puts it in. The brunette doesn't even bothering turning to me to see if I wanted to give a dollar. Maybe because she knew I wouldn't waist my money on her.