Chapter 5: Suprise

Okay so some parents are cool and will let you get different social media accounts when you're like 12 but mine are a little strict when it comes to stuff like that. So I have finally convinced my mom and dad into letting me get a Facebook. When I first made my account I followed of course people like Bre Taylor Jacob and Ali. I also friend-ed a few other people I met in different classes. I even was daring enough to send Colton and his friends one. About 5 minutes later I got notifications of everyone accepting my request and one stood out of course in particular. Colton Rudloff accepted your friend request. Write on Colton's timeline. I was happier than I should of been. See I'm still technically the new girl at school and I am one of those students that cares about their grades. I was just getting to know my way around the school. The last thing I needed was some silly crush. It would only be a distraction. It was getting pretty late so I logged off and headed straight to bed.

At school the next morning, I tried avoiding Colton and his friends as much I as I can. Which is a little hard to do since Thomas was in my creative writing class and Eric was in my gym class. I swear I have the worst luck in the world. In my 6th period writing class, my teacher had to move our seats since it was a new quarter. Of course the desks are paired up in two's and I get put right next to Thomas on the left side of the room to rows back. "Hey Hailey can I please borrow a pencil?" he asked as he ran out of led in his mechanical pencil. "Sure here you go." "Thanks." Our teacher finished the lesson early so we had 5 minutes to talk. Thomas closed his book and looked at me. "Can I ask you something" he asked facing his chair towards me."Yeah what's up?" I said hoping it didn't have anything to do with Colton. "Do you have a boyfriend?" he said curiously. I was a little shocked by the question but I answered anyway. "No I don't actually. Why?" "Well I actually wanted to know if maybe you wanted to go out tonight if you aren't busy." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't want a boyfriend right now but I didn't want to be mean. "Umm I don't think I am doing anything. Sure what time?" "Uh how about 7." "Sounds great." The bell wrong and I darted out of the room trying to act cool. I had to to tell Bre about this.

At the lunch room, I sat down casually at our usual table. "Hey Hail what's up?" Bre asked sitting down with Jacob. "Uh I have some news I don't think you're going to believe." "What?" Everyone looked at me with anticipation waiting for my response. "I got asked out last period." "No way by who?Tell me everything." "Thomas Augusto." Bre looked at me intensely. "Thomas asked YOU out?" she said in disbelief. I was a little insulted but I said "Yeah he wants to go out tonight at 7 he's coming to pick me up." "Where are you guys going?"Ali asked. "I am not sure." I wasn't going to go up to Colton's table to ask Thomas so I was just going to let him surprise me. "Hailey don't get me wrong I am happy for you. I just don't want you to get hurt. Just be careful okay?" "Okay" I said with a smile."Thanks for caring so much." "What are friends for?" she said in a better mood. "Hey at least you like the polite one of the group. It could be worse like you dating Colton." she said. "Yeah was all I had to say. I didn't want her to get mad. Who knows how she would react if I told her I had a crush on him. I wasn't certain of my own feelings.

When I got home I went straight upstairs to go to my closet. I picked out a nice skirt with a silver shirt with some heels. By the time I got out of the shower and got dressed and ready if was 6. I still had time to kill so I decided to check Facebook. I had two messages. One from Thomas. I opened it and it said:

From: Thomas

Hey just making sure we are still on tonight right?:)

I wrote back:

To:Thomas

Yess we are! Can't wait see you at 7 ;) Call me when you are on your way and I will give you directions! 555-0129

I decided to open my other message and see who it was from. It was from Colton.

From Colton

Hey I understand if you are busy but I wanted to know if you want to go hang out tonight?:)

I didn't know what to say. I just stared at the screen for a few moments then wrote back:

To Colton

Hey I am so sorry Thomas asked me if I wanted to go out tonight. Maybe another time though!

I was surprised at how nice he was being. How nice they all were. What happened between Bre and the guys that made her hate them all so much. Especially Colton. A minute later he responded.

From Colton:

Its okay! I understand it's kind of last minute but I will take you up on that offer of another time ;) But I didn't know Thomas asked you out. He never told me. Which is very unusal. Oh well hope you have fun. Not to much fun though :p Text me later so I know you made it home. And let me know how it went. 657-2390 Byeeee:)

Does Colton Rudloff like me? I couldn't believe it. He was so sweet.

To: Colton

Haha thanks! I will <3 Talk to you laterr =) See ya

It was 6:55 when I looked at my phone. I grabbed my wallet and went down stairs. At exactly 7:01 I heard a knock on the door. I answered it and saw Thomas standing there with roses in his hands. He had a regular black shirt with skinny jeans on. "Hey beautiful. You look great." he said handing me the roses. "Yep by dad." I yelled before shutting the door behind me. "Where exactly are we going I said getting into his convertible parked outside. "You'll see" he said with a adorable little grin. I put my seat belt on and we were off.