Chapter 20: Anniversery

Okay a lot has happened in the last 10 months. First, I finally graduated. We all did. We could not believe we were finally free. Thomas and Ali just got married last week and are currently still on there honeymoon. But most importantly,it was Colton and I's anniversary. I had absolutely no idea what to get him. I mean I had a few ideas but Colton told me multiple time he does know want anything. That I am the best thing he could ask for. But I know even though I told him no, he would still get me something.

Colton's P.O.V

I put my phone on a alarm. I had a lot of things to do today for Hailey. I let her sleep and rolled out of bed and made my way down stairs. Tonight was the night. I got her the new IPhone she wanted and there was something bigger. I was going to propose. We have been together for 4 years today I think it's the perfect time. She has brought out the best of me. I had to get her out of the house though so I can set up what I had planned for the back yard. So I decided to call someone who I know would convince her to leave for a few hours. Eric. I wasn't all thrilled about the idea but as time goes on he respects that she is the love of my life and that we are happy together. Eric was more than happy to come over and take her. I also called Joey, Anthony, Bre, Taylor, and Jacob to come help me set up. They were all so happy when they found out about the plans for tonight. I heard foot steps coming down the steps. "Colton are you down here?" "Yes angel I'm here good morning." "Happy anniversary" she said walking over and sitting on my lap. "Happy anniversary." "So Eric called and said he wants to hang out, but I am not sure if I want to leave you alone on today. I thought we would spend it together." "No no don't worry about me. Go have fun with Eric. Anthony and Joey are coming over later too. I will be fine. Just don't have too much fun princess." She giggled and kissed me. After she went to go call Eric back and turns out he was already waiting outside. She got dressed gave me one last kiss and left. About 20 minutes later everyone came and we got started. I just hope he can stall her for that long.

Hailey's P.O.V

I know Colton said don't worry about him, but I still felt guilty.  I knew there was something up though. Colton never insisted on me going with Eric anywhere. But I tried my best to enjoy myself. Eric was driving really slow like he was trying to stall something. I kept quite. Even if Colt was trying to plan something, I didn't want to ruin it for him. So I put my suspicions aside and focused on having fun. We drove around for what seemed like hours and then we went to his house. We played his play station for a little while then we went to the movies. By the time we were done it was 5:30p.m. So after the movies we went to a ice cream shop. "Will you excuse me for a second" Eric said standing up looking like he had to call someone. "Sure go ahead." I was having a good time I didn't mind.

Eric's P.O.V

"Hello?"

"Hey Eric what's up?" Colton answered.

"Are you almost done? I think she is getting a little suspicious. We have been driving around all day. Can we come now?"

"Ummm yes but drive slow cause we have to clean up and then I have to kick everyone out. So take a slow drive."

"Okay I can do that."

"Thanks again Eric it means alot."

"No problem. I want you guys to happy. You better take good care of her though.

"It will be as easy as breathing with me. I really can't live without her. She is the best thing that has happened to me."

"Yeah she's a keeper. And without her we wouldn't have our band back together. Midnight Red has her to thank for encouraging us."

"Yep we do. I have to go now. Drive slow. Take good care of her. Thanks Bye."

He hung up the phone. I looked over at Hailey and she was sitting there patiently. "Okay Eric, You got this." I said to myself. "Ready to go Hail?" "Yep everything okay?" "Yeah I just had to check on something." We got in the car and drove away. Slowly.

Hailey's P.O.V

I couldn't wait t go home. Don;t get me wrong I had a blast today with Eric, but I missed Colton. He was driving really slow which scared me. Who knows what Colton had planned for tonight. I was scared excited and nervous at the same time. Then we finally arrived. Colton was waiting outside the house in a tux. "Have fun and good luck" Eric said as I got out of the car. I walked up to him. "Hey baby." "Colton what is all of this?" "You'll see follow me." He led me out to the back yard. There was lights and balloons and flowers everywhere. There was a path of white rose pedals. Along side the path, there was pictures of us from so long ago. I felt tears filling up in my eyes. At the end of the path he stopped me and looked in my eyes, whipping away a tear. "Hailey Marie, 4 years ago today, I met the love of my life. You don't fully understand what you mean to me. There is no doubt that we had our ups and downs. But in the times we fought, I realized that I can't be without you. I also let you down many times, but I want to spend the rest of my life making that up.Me and you everyday." He got down on one knee and pulled out a ring. "Hail will you do me the extraordinary honor of marrying me?" "Yes. Yes. Yes." I started to cry uncontrollably. He lifted me up and kissed me hugging me tight. After about 5 minutes everyone started to run out screaming "Awww" and "Congratulations" hugging us both. I have never been so happy in my life. I couldn't wait to tell the world I would be Mrs. Rudloff.