Chapter 16: Leaving?

After a long funeral, we all went to the cemetery. I brought Bre, Ali, and Taylor but Thomas Anthony  Eric and Jacob tagged a long which was okay. They all tried their best to comfort me and I appreciated it. Just as everyone was going to start off there speeches about how my mom changed their lives and everything, I looked over to see his black convertible pull up with Joey in the front seat. I got up and walked over to see him. Joey got out of the car first and rushed up to me and gave me a tight bear hug. "I'm so sorry Hail" he said releasing his grip. "Thank you so much." He walked away to go meet up and sit by Eric and the rest of the guys. I turned back to Colton. "Thank you for coming. You really didn't have to." "Of course I did. Look Hailey I" he said before I cut him off. "I know we need to talk but I really just can't right now. I'm tired of fighting. You're more than welcome to stay but if you are just going to pick a fight with me than I don't think you should." He came close and gave me a hug and kissed me on my forehead. "I'm sorry. I wasn't going to. I just was going to apoligize and say I miss you, but we can talk about it later. I want to stay. I promise I will be good." "Okay thank you." He grabbed my hand and we walked back over to the casket and sat down at our chairs as family and friends remembered the beloved Scarlett Marie.....

It was late when the funeral ended. We all drove back to my place. But Bre and Thomas were driving in my car with Eric, Ali and Joey while I rode with Colton Anthony and Taylor. Colton held my hand the whole car ride. When we got to my house everyone said there goodbyes to me my dad and Justin. While Justin was saying goodbye to our cousin's Brad and Lexi and my dad was saying bye to his brother I decided it was time to talk to Colton so I pulled him aside. "So where do we stand?" I said looking into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes. "I miss you. So much. I was a complete idiot. I over reacted and I shouldn't of been mad at you. You were only trying to save my feelings and I was just so jealous that you ight of been falling for Eric and wanting to be with him instead I wasn't thinking straight. I need you princess and I'm sorry. Instead of saying something back I just kissed him. "I love you Rudloff." "I love you so much more Marie. And if you need anything or want to talk don't hesitate to call me no matter what time." "Okay thank you baby." "I have to go sweetie but I will text you later." Before he got in his car I heard him say "I miss you already" with that cute smile of his.

"Hailey can you please come down here for a second. You too Justin." I heard my dad say from the downstairs living room. Justin and I sat on the couch across from him. "What is it dad?" Justin said with a concerned look on his face. "Well kids since it's been six months since your mom passed, I have some news. I got transferred again at work and we are going back home to Miami." "Dad we can't just leave. What about school?My friends?Colton?" I said in shock. "Yeah dad we love you put we can't just go back to Miami. We have a new life here" Justin added. "Kids you can have your old life back again. And get your old friends back. Hailey you can make another boyfriend in Miami." "I DON'T WANT ANOTHER BOYFRIEND." "Come on, we just got Josh in the band dad" Justin said. He started a band about three months ago and just got a new drummer. "I'm sorry kids. My mind is made up." "We don't have to go with you" Justin blurted out. "I'm 18 and I can get my own place and Hailey can move in with me." My dad was shocked at that answer. I didn't really want to leave my dad alone but I couldn't leave Colton and my friends behind. "I will make you this deal. You have 1 month to find a place. If you don't you are both coming back to Miami with me. No exceptions. "Your on" Justin said pissed and leaving the room.

"What do you mean moving?" Colton said stopping what he was typing on his laptop and put it aside. "If Justin doesn't find a place, my dad is taking us both back to Miami." "He can't do that. He can't just take you away from me. You have a new life here." "I know Colton I don't want to go but he's my dad." "With all do respect to your dad, I am saying this now. There is no way in hell he is taking you away." "Good luck Colt. You don't know my dad. He puts on a good act around you, but when it comes to a fight, my dad doesn't take no for an answer." "Well when it comes to you, I don't either."