Chapter 26: Coming Home (Final Chapter)

7 pounds 4 oz. Victoria Rose Rudloff was born on September 2nd at 2:30 a.m. Colton and I couldn't love anything as much as we loved her. Everyone was so happy that they were going to be either an aunt, uncle, or even grand parent. We were so proud. We agreed we have accomplished a lot in our lives but this was the thing that we were most proud of. From that point on we made our own kind of fairytale and to this day, our lives couldn't be better.

PRESENT DAY

"Well Tori that is your father and I's story. We loved you just as much as we did 16 years ago." "I know mom I love you too. Listening to how you and dad met really helps me. I think I will give Ryan another chance. I can see everything you two went through only made your relationship stronger." "Everything happens for a reason and people make mistakes Tori." "You're right." Tori gave me a hug as we sat at the kitchen table. Then she looked up at me. "Mom I miss dad." "I miss him too sweet heart but he will be back soon. Do you want to Skype him?I think it's his break." She nodded and smiled and grabbed my hand and ran over to the laptop. Midnight Red has been on tour for 5 months. There success and popularity keeps growing, so the guys don't really have much time for family. They try so hard though. Bre and Jacob broke up a long time ago, so she has been dating Joey for the past 9 months. Thomas and Ali are expecting their first son in 4 months. Anthony and Taylor plan to get married next spring. My dad got remarried as well. And Justin just graduated college and found a place of his own with his girlfriend Bella. Everything seems to be coming into place. Tori hit the call button waiting to see if Colton would answer. It took a moment but nothing. He I guess was busy. I looked over at Tori and she seemed disappointed. She had every right to be not seeing her father in 5 months. Then as I went over and gave her a hug we heard my cell phone ring. I went over to the counter to answer it.

"Hello?" I said not recognizing the number.

"Hey baby sorry I missed your call."

"No it's okay Tori and I just missed you so we thought we would try."

"Is that daddy?" Tori asked coming closer to me in a excited manner. "Yes it is."

"I have a surprise for you guys" Colton said noticing I put him on speaker.

"Should we be scared?"

"I don't know how about you come outside for a minute."

Tori and I hung up the phone and rushed over to the door. We ran outside to see Colton leaning on his rented black Mercedes. "COLTON!" I said running over giving him a huge bear hug. "Oh my angels I missed you so much. Tor, you got so big." "Not really. Dad what are you doing here?" "Well Red let us come back and take a 2 week break to spend time with our girls." I saw tears filling up in Tori's eyes as we stood there and hugged as a family. Just then I heard other cars pulling in. "What up Rudloff's?" Anthony said as he and Taylor jumped out of the front of his car. I couldn't help to run over there and hug him. "Hey me next" Eric said coming out the back. He gave me the biggest one. "I missed you so much. I can't wait to tell you everything about the tour and to see how you've been." Colton made his way over to Eric and I. "Now wait just a minute. I am spending time with my girl first" he said putting his arm around me. "Fine you have 20 minutes then Hail here is going to come have a sleep over at my house like old time." "I don't think so. Keep dreaming Secharia." Everyone else pulled up and gave me a hug as well. I found it so adorable how Thomas was so protective of Ali who was 6 months pregnant. I missed having our little family together. We all went in the back and had a cook out and just kept talking the whole night. Tori was just as excited to have Colton back as I was. Even if it was just for two weeks. We made the best of things. We always did. "I would like to make a toast" Joey said standing up lightly hitting his glass. "To our girls. We missed you all like crazy. It feels so good to have all of you back. We are extremely grateful to have met you guys and here is to all the crazy times we had together and more to come." We all sat out all night and enjoyed each other's presence. Then I realized about what Joey said. I was extremely grateful to have met 5 guys like them. To think I turned a bunch of too cool to care jocks into singing family men. Yes my life had a lot of problems and flaws but I wouldn't change it for all the money in the world. Having my dad find a new job in Denver and bumping into Colton at the Skating rink was the best thing that has ever happened to me. And I couldn't be more thankful.

Unfortunitly this is the end of The Exception. It was so fun for me to write this and have so many people enjoy it. It really means the world to me especially being my first Fan Fiction. Since this got such good reviews there will be a sequel soon. I want to thank you all for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. Until I put the sequel up, check out my new Midnight Red story with Eric "Vanished." I used the same characters names but the stories are not connected. Thank you all again. Until next time :-) -Tiffany xoxo