Chapter 6:The date

We pulled up to a fancy restaurant. Thomas went around the car opening my passenger door. Welcome to Con Brio. We went inside and sat down at a table. When the waitress came to take our order, he ordered mine for me. I thought that was cute. He said it's romantic that the guy orders for the girl. We sat and talked for 2 hours. He was so funny and so polite. Then he said something while we were waiting for the waitress to come with the check. "How long have you been friends with Bre?"he asked not smiling or anything. "She was my first friend at the school. So 2 months. Why?" I asked wondering why he would suddenly bring her up. "It's just I haven't talked to her since the big showdown she had with Colton and I wanted to know how she was doing. After she had a fight with him she stopped talking to me and the rest of the guys." "What showdown?" "She didn't tell you?" "No." "Well her and Colton went out for 2 months. And then one night out of the blue they had this big argument and broke up. After that she never talked to us again. Colton won't even tell us what happened." "She never told me this, but she is doing really well. She has a new boyfriend Jacob and she seems really happy. "That's great. I actually brought you hear tonight to ask you something." he said with a half grin. "What's up with your friend Ali?" he asked curiously. "What do you mean?" "I mean does she have a boyfriend?" I was shocked that he asked me this. This whole time he didn't like me. He just wanted to know about Ali. "No she doesn't why do you like her?" "Yeah kind of and I was hoping you could put in a good word and have her text me." "Sure" I said kind of releaved and offended. "Can I ask you something?" "Sure" he said. "So this wasn't a date. You just asked me out to get info on Ali?" "No I like just as a friend. I mean I could never actually date a girl who my best friend likes. Don't get me wrong you are so sweet and pretty but it's Bro code." I laughed at his response. "What friend has a crush on me?" I asked hoping for a answer." "I can't tell you that." "Why?" "Because he doesn't want me to." "If I guess it right, will you tell me yes or no?" "I guess I can do that." "Colton." He gave me a look with a smile but then the waitress came with the check. "Pay when you're ready! Have a nice night." she said. "Thanks you too." When we pulled up to my house as I was about to get out of the car I asked Thomas, "I was right wasn't I back at the resturant?" He smiled and winked at me "Good night Hailey." I shut the door and went inside as he drove off.

When I got upstairs, I texted Ali and told her everything. She couldn't believe it. She texted him right away and told me thank you. After I got my Pj's on I heard my phone go off.

From:Colton

Hey just wanted to make sure you made it home safely! How was your date?

To:Colton

Hey yeah I made it home!Thanks:) And it wasn't a date. He likes my friend and wanted to know if I would set him up. But can I ask you something?

2 minutes later, I got a response.

From:Colton

Haha okay good ;) And sure anything what's up?

To:Colton

Thomas brought up how you and my friend Bre went out for two months but then one day you stopped talking. What happened?

It took a while for him to respond. Which is understandable since Thomas told me right out he didn't like to talk about it.

From:Colton

Ummm it's kind of a long story. We both wanted different things. Then one night we had a huge argument about something that she thought she saw and she never wanted to talk to me again. Then she got a boyfriend and that was pretty much it.

To:Colton

Oh I'm sorry:( I didn't know. Well anyways do you want to hang out tomorrow night? Go catch a movie or something?

From:Colton

It's okay you didn't know. And suree:) Can't wait! I will pick you up at 6:30 if we don't talk at school. It's getting pretty late and I should be getting to bed. See you tomorrow:) Night beautiful!

To:Colton

Okayy. Sounds great! Nightt <3

After that I headed off to bed happy. I knew deep down I had feelings for Colton and now I know he has some for me. I just was a little afraid of what Bre might think. What did she think she saw?Could Colton be this nice to all the girls?I try and thought positive. As Joey and Anthony said, maybe I was a exception. His exception.