Chapter 22: The honeymoon

At the reception, everyone gave such nice speeches that put me to tears actually. Everyone just said how thankful they were for meeting us and how God knew to bring me to Colton and they guys even welcomed me to there family. It was the perfect night. While Colton and I were walking out I kept bugging him to tell me where we were going. "You will just have to wait and see Mrs.Rudloff." I went to go say goodbye to everyone. I mean I wasn't going to see them for two weeks maybe even longer.

Colton's P.O.V

I finished up saying my goodbyes and walked over to our car and Bre surprisingly followed. "Hey. I just wanted to say congrats one more time." She looked a little uncomfortable but that is understandable cause I was too.  It was a little awkward talking to her but she was my wife's best friend. I had to suck it up and go along with it. "Thank you for everything it means a lot." "Yeah well I just want you guys to be happy." She was about to walk away but then stopped and turned to me again. "Colton I know we have some history but overall I know you were a good guy. But please Hailey is such a nice person and a good friend. All I am trying to say is don't hurt her. You guys are young, so I will understand if you get some..urges.. but you don't understand what cheating on a girl does to them. Just take care of her. You have to promise me that." "Bre I would NEVER do anything to hurt her. Especially like that. I know we are both only 18 but I have never loved anything or anyone more than I love her. I will never look at any other girl like the way I look at her. Marrying her is the second best thing I ever did." "What was the first?" "Finding her. I promise you I will do everything I can to make her happy. I know there will be times when me and the guys will have to go on tour and stuff but she will always be my #1 priority." "Good for you then." Just then Hailey came over and stood next to me. "Ready to go?" she said with her sweet voice looking as lovely as ever. "Yep just saying bye to Bre." Bre gave her a hug and said something that made her blush but I couldn't quite get it. But going on our honeymoon, I had an idea. We got in our car waved and drove off. She was so happy.  I wanted it to be a surprise. I was taking her to an island my dad owned. It was in the middle of the Bahamas so it would just be us. I was so excited. I could have Hail all to myself for two weeks. We got some time alone but we both have so many friends and a lot of hers are guys so I was happy I didn't have to worry about that. After a few hours we got in our speed boat and went to the island. "Welcome princess our island. It was my dads but he gave it to us as a wedding gift." I saw the excitement on her face. Her smile made my day. But I also saw she was nervous about something. I didn't ask because I kind of knew what it was. I was a little nervous myself. I only did it one other time before and it was with Macey, but it didn't feel like anything really. We arrived and I got all the bags while she went to explore. "What do you think?" I said laying her suitcase by her side. "I absolutely love it. It's incredible." "Glad to hear that." After we sat outside for a while I picked her up and put her on the bed laying on her. "We don't have to if you don't want to. There is no rush" she said looking at me with those beautiful green eyes. "Are you kidding?I have been waiting four years..."

Hailey's P.O.V

I woke up to the sunlight and waves crashing against the shore. I look over to see Colton laying beside me. I got a robe and went into the bathroom. My back was a little sore and I don't know why. I had a lot of fun last night and I remember enjoying it. I saw scratch marks all over my back. Colton's nails were so long. First thing I was going to do when he got up was through clippers at him. I put some clothes on. Just a pair of short mini shorts and Colton's hoodie he made me. He was still sleeping so I thought I would try and make him breakfast. The only problem with that was I can't cook. There was smoke everywhere. I am surprised I didn't set off the smoke alarm. But I did it I made or should say heated two toaster waffles. "What in the world are you doing in here?" Colton said kind of amused and entertained. "I made you breakfast. Well at least tried to." He looked over and saw the burnt toaster waffles laying on the plate. And bursted into laughing. "What is so funny?" "Nothing nothing. Thank you sweetheart." He was still chuckling when he said that or I would of believed him. "I appreciate it. It's just a good thing you are pretty" he said pulling me closer kissing me. "I am sure they are great." "Oh shut up." "I love you Mrs.Rudloff." "I love you more." "That is impossible and I can prove that by eating these waffles." "I gave him a light push and just remembered. "Hold on one second." I ran and gave him a pair of nail clippers from my bag. He was sitting at the table actually eating them. "Alright Rudloff you don't have to eat those but you do have to cut your nails." "Oh thank God" he said with a smile pushing his plate out of the way. "Why do I have to?" I pulled up my shirt and showed him. "I'm so sorry." "It's okay." "No it's not." "Yes it is. Just cut them and everything will be fine." I kissed his cheek but I can still see by the look on his face he still felt guilty. After we finished eating eggs that of course he made, I curled up next to him on the couch and we watched The Vow. I felt so lucky. I get to spend the rest of my life with an amazing guy like Colton. We eventually both fell asleep.