8 | x

I stared at my mobile phone in my hand that had a new message document on the screen. I drummed my fingers over the keys as I thought of something to send to Harry.

What could I say? I didn't know how friends talked to one another. Do I just say hi? Ask him how his day is? Ask him to hang out? Say a joke? Tell him an inspirational quote?

I typed in a 'hi its heather um whats up?' before erasing the message and staring at the blank document once again. I flopped down on my bed and sighed. I typed in 'hey harry!! heather here,' before erasing that as well.

Maybe I should call him, I thought to myself. Or maybe go around to his house and give him my number that way.

I groaned and typed in 'life is short so live longer (: haha hi harry it's heather,' before erasing that and hitting myself for being so lame.

It was a Tuesday afternoon, and I had seen Harry yesterday. I really wanted to see him again but I thought I should give him space. So I decided to text him instead. But that wasn't working out as well as I had hoped.

'hey harry! it's heather here! Thought you might want my number? haha,' I typed in before erasing it again. I tried a few stupid greetings before typing in 'hi it's heather (: x,' then I erased the x, thinking it was too much. I used to send kisses to my friends back when I was 12 but that was back when I was 12..

After erasing the x, I sent the message and chucked my phone on the floor as if I thought it would blow up. When would he reply? Would he reply? He might just save my number and not reply.

I sat nervously on the edge of my bed as I waited for Harry's reply. I didn't text much people. My mum occasionally, but that was it. So this was new for me. Having someone to text and feeling nervous to text them. I didn't understand why I was so nervous. I got so many mixed emotions around Harry. He made me feel totally comfortable but yet so damn nervous at the same time and-

Bzzzzz

I jolted at the sudden vibration of my phone and cautiously looked down at my old, shitty phone lying on my white carpet. The screen lit up with '1 new message', and I eyed it cautiously, as if it was some terrorist weapon. Eventually, I lunged forward and picked it up before flipping the cover open and reading the message.

Harry: Hey! How are you? x

My heart flipped at the x. He put a x at the end, what did that mean? Was it a spelling mistake? A typo? Was he supposed to send a smiley face? The letter h, because of his name? My fingers found the keys faster than my mind could form the sentence.

Heather: Im good (: I just thought I should text you so you had my number.

A minute later, he replied.

Harry: haha thanks, consider it saved (; what are your plans for the day?

Heather: im not sure, I think nothing. You?

Harry: sounds great. I wish I could say I was doing something much better but im helping my mum cook food for her lunch at work and I'd rather be selling myself to satan.

The message made me laugh and I felt my cheeks turn pink as I warmed to texting Harry. I lay down on my bed and typed in a reply.

Heather: haha what are you making?

Harry: some fucking healthy slice shit but its disgusting. It looks disgusting and it tastes disgusting. Everyone at her work is going to die.

I smiled.

Heather: cant be that bad :P

Harry: oh but it is.

Heather: what's in it?