10| You Belong With Me

I nearly dropped Ethan again as Harry's words embedded into my mind. Everything in my body seemed to have shut down and I couldn't move or speak or do anything but hold Ethan up with all the strength I could muster.

I blinked at Harry, struggling to believe any of this was real. Harry had just asked me out on a date. Me. That meant he liked me.

Me.

"W-Why?" I asked him, somehow regaining my breath.

Harry laughed. "Because I like you, you muppet!"

I blushed and looked down at my feet and I heard Ethan laugh. Of course, he couldn't say anything so I had to answer Harry. Harry knew that all along.

I looked up at him and smiled. "Of course!" I cried. "I....yes. Yes, totally."

Harry grinned in relief. "Really? I mean, you will?"

"Yes, I'd love to!"

Ethan let out a small cry of joy and Harry and I laughed awkwardly, as if having my two year old cousin watching us was off-putting.

"Um, well cool. Yeah, cool. I didn't think you'd say yes so....so I haven't got anything planned. Um..."

I laughed. "You didn't think I'd say yes? Why?"

Harry looked embarrassed. "I don't know....I, well, um, well, I never thought a girl like you would fall for a guy like me." He laughed sheepishly.

I just stared at him. "I don't get it."

"Get what?"

"The joke." I said.

Harry looked as confused as me. "Joke? I didn't say a joke..."

My face fell. "Yes, what you just said. About me being way too good for you? Was that supposed to be funny?"

Harry blinked back at me. "No. I was serious."

"Are you fucking kidding me right now? Harry, don't mess with me." I said, completely serious.

Harry burst into laughter. "I'm saying that you're completely beautiful." He said, his cheeks turning the slightest bit pink in embarrassment. "And I like you. A lot."

I couldn't believe it. Was I hearing him correctly? Was there someone else behind me? Someone who wasn't me? I looked behind me just in case and saw no one. My stomach began to twist and flip and I broke into a huge smile, my happiness getting the better of me. "You're beautiful." I said, never being more honest in my life.

Harry laughed and shook his head before looking at the ground then back up at me. "You busy tonight?" He asked me, his smile never fading.

For the third time in the last twenty minutes, I nearly dropped Ethan again as I forgot about him. I put him down on the ground and straightened myself up. "No." I smiled at Harry.

His tongue trailed along his bottom lip, wetting it slightly and he then bit down on it. "Cool." Was all he said.

"Got something planned, Styles?" I asked.

"No. But I'll pick you up at 7 and by then I will." Harry said with a small laugh.

I laughed too and nodded, my head feeling light from how excited I was. I looked behind me and saw Ford and Jane reaching the gate.

"Okay, I should probably go and get something planned.." Harry said.

I smiled. "Yeah, okay." I said, butterflies exploding throughout my stomach as I wondered what Harry would plan. Would he take me somewhere? Will we be doing something? If so, what? Where?