12| We're All Depressed

"Harry?" I yelled out, seeing the black figure ahead of me. "Harry, is that you?"

The wind around us got more ferocious and my body shook a little as the wind threatened to pick me up. The sky was a dark red, the beginning of a beautiful sunset, and I started walking towards Harry. But I couldn't move.

"Harry!" I screamed. "Harry! Come help me!"

I started to feel myself fall. Like the ground was opening up, and when I looked down at the daisy covered field, I saw that the ground actually was opening up. I screamed and tried to run away from the gaping hole, trying to swallow me up. Harry still didn't turn around.

"HARRY!" I screamed, losing my balance and falling to the ground. My fingers dug into the grass as I tried to grab hold of something; anything to keep me up on ground and not inside the hole.

Harry finally turned around and he ran to me, fear written all over his face. I screamed as I felt myself being dragged into the hole, my grip on the grass loosening.

"Save me!" I yelled to him, my voice breaking. "Harry, help me. Save me. Please. Please, oh god, Harry, please just save me."

But he didn't. He just stood there, looking at me as if he didn't know what to do. His green eyes were hidden behind a dark, scary look and as I let go of the grass and fell into the dark hole, I saw his eyes turn red.

I sat up in my bed, out of breath and shaking. My body was sweaty and my head was thumping. But all around me was light, not the darkness I usually expected when I awoke at 2:00 am. Then I realised I was in a hospital room. I screamed and looked around, wondering why I was here. I heard muffled voices from outside and I pulled my blankets up to my chest, not understanding anything. The room reeked of detergent and medicine and the sickly white walls picked up the light from the polished white floor and everything started giving me a headache.

Suddenly, my door opened and Harry walked in holding a cup of coffee. He was looking down at his feet as he shut the door silently and I heard him take a deep sigh as he just stood at the door. He then leant against the door and closed his eyes, his hands still gripping the cup. I then realised that it was morning, and that Harry was still in the clothes from last night.

Last night! Our date. I remembered it all now. The small fight we had had about me lying to him, me pretending to be sick, us dancing, and then me actually feeling sick. Then everything went black. Did I faint?

I looked across the room to see my outfit from last night. I immediately pulled back the covers to see what I was wearing now, and saw that it was a disgusting hospital gown. I screamed, which evidently caused Harry to scream. And then I screamed again because Harry screamed and he screamed again because he dropped his coffee, and then I screamed again because he dropped his coffee and then he held up his hands in surrender.

"You're awake!" He said, coming over to me and grabbing my hand.

Butterflies erupted throughout my stomach at his touch and I smiled. "Yeah, hi. Um, what happened?"

He sat down on the seat next to my bed and rubbed his thumb delicately over my hand. "You fainted." He told me. "At first, I panicked, but then, with the help of a few nice people, I managed to get you to the hospital. Then the doctor's called your mum. They said your body just shut down because you were feeling so dizzy and unwell. I'm so sorry, I should have taken you home when you told me you felt sick straight away."

I shook my head, not wanting to tell him that at first it was just a lie. "Did you stay here all night?" I asked him.

He blushed a little and looked away. "Yeah. I didn't want to leave you."