Chapter Fifty Two ✓

LOST

I TOOK ANOTHER HIT AT MY PUNCHING BAG. And another, and another. I gasped as I grasped for breathe. I rested my hand on the bag then my forehead, too. I took another hit kicking it with my leg then punching it with my left hand. I groaned in frustration when there was a knock on my door. "What do you want?" I moaned. I took another hit. "It's just me." I heard Isabelle's voice. I groaned again. "Fine, you can come in." I heard the door opening but that didn't stop me from kicking the punching bag again. 

"Bella." I ignored her, continuing on my punches.

"Bella," Isabelle said again. "What?!" I yelled. I then kicked the punching bag so hard, taking all my anger out on the bag. I yelled out in pain, biting my lower lip. I fell to the ground in pain. I looked down at my ankle and it was already turning purple and green. Great, just great! Isabelle rushed to my side after she shut the door, examining my ankle. "You sprained it," Isabelle said, as she touched it. "Nothing like a healing rune can't fix."

"I'm fine." I snapped.

Isabelle took out her stele, she drew a healing rune on my ankle to take some of the pain away. I bit on my lip to keep me from screaming. "Ow." "I'm sorry." Tears started filling my eyes, and not because of the rune. Because of Lydia and Alec getting married. How could he choose her over me? I gave him everything, absolutely everything. "Oh, Bella." I sat upright, tears spilling out of my eyes.

"Come here." She brought me in a hug and I hugged her back. "I just don't understand, how could he do this to me? After we- I- I mean after everything." I sobbed. I haven't talked to Alec for so long that it hurts. I haven't been out of my room for hours, for days. I let Clary go on all of the missions by herself with everyone else. The only good thing that came out of it was our Mother. We finally got our Mother back, and she's just not awake yet.

"So, what are you wearing?" She asked. She wiped my tears away.

"Are you kidding me? You think I'm going to go to his wedding after what he's done?"

"Bella, I know this is hard for you to understand-"

"No, Isabelle! I'm not going, okay? And that's final. I'm going to go see my Mother."

Wiping my tears away I quickly walked over to my mirror to brush my hair down while letting it fall over my shoulders. I walked out of the room leaving Isabelle behind. I kept my eyes peeled open for Alec or Lydia. I don't want to see either of them. I ran to the room where my Mother is. I stopped dead in my tracks when I got there. Alec was in there with Clary. "You've got to be kidding me." I hissed under my breath. Does the world freakin' hate me? Cause I think it does.

"Bella," Clary said. "H-hi." Alec turned to look at me, I stared at his face. "Hi," I whispered.

Alec didn't say anything, but I could see the hurt in his eyes. "Bella," Alec breathed.

Looking down, I walked over to Clary and Alec looked at my Mother. I put my hand through the green potion and placed a hand on her cheek. I smiled a little, almost forgetting that Alec was here.

"Hi, Mom," I whispered. I wish she'd just wake up.

All I want is for her to wake up. I could feel Alec's stare through my brain. "Bella, can I talk to you?" He asked. I shrugged, "I don't know, can you?" Alec sighed, then grabbed my arm which sent electric shocks through my body. We walked out of the room that my Mom was in and headed out in the hall.

"Bella, I'm so sorry." He was about to put his arms around me until I stiffened and backed up against the wall, not meeting his eyes. "I can't, Alec," I murmured. I can't even look at him. He hurt me too much to do that. "You just have to understand-"

"That what? That you did it for the best? That you decided to marry her?"

"You know I don't love her."

"It doesn't matter, Alec. I'm done with this."

I walked away from him and down the hall. I walked back to the main room where everyone was getting ready for the wedding. "Isabelle, what colour do you like better?" Jessica asked.

She walked by with curtains. "It's for the curtains adorning the wedding tent," she said. I stopped, watching them. "Hmm. The cobalt blue. It's elegant, masculine. And very Alec." Isabelle said. I scoffed, rolling my eyes. You've got to be kidding me.

"I'll put the cobalt blue out right away." Jessica said.

"How are we supposed to get any work done with this going on?" Jace asked. He walked past me like I wasn't even here. Well, at least he's not excited about the wedding. I frowned, my stomach twisting with knots. I still can't believe this is happening. I ran back to my room, shutting the door behind me and going into my bathroom to shower.

I turned on the hot water, I let it heat up for a minute then I stripped my clothes off. I stepped in the shower and I started rinsing my body. "Are you, are you, coming to the tree?" I started singing. "They strung up a man, who say they murdered three. Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be, if we met, at midnight, in the hanging tree."

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree? Where dead man called out, for his love to flee. Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be. If we met, at midnight, in the hanging tree. Are you, are you, coming to the tree? Where I told you to run so we'd both be free. Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be, if we met, at midnight, in the hanging tree."