Singing and Humming

Singing and Humming

Louis: Louis walked in on you, sitting on the couch, laptop on. Your eyes were glued to the screen, hardly noticing the tears running down your cheeks. Twitter was up and the insults were being thrown at you like bullets were fired. Every single comment was just one more blow to your self esteem. When he saw the tears, he at once was at your side. “Oh, sweetheart,” he whispered, pulling you into a hug. While you cried, he hummed “Little Things”, just holding you close.

Niall: You didn’t think he was home. After all, he had said he was going to be gone until at least seven thirty, so when you decided to make supper, you turned on some Cher Lloyd. “Swagger jagger, swagger jagger, you should get some of your own-” You sang, stirring the Mac-N-Cheese in the kitchen. 

  “I didn’t know you could sing, Y/N.” You jumped at the sudden voice, spinning around to see your boyfriend grinning. 

  “How long have you been standing there?”

  “About three or four songs.”

Harry: You were seven months pregnant and Harry was always with you; whether you just needed a book or someone to help you up, he was there. One night, you two were watching a re-run of Drake and Josh when he began to hum. A sharp kick hit your stomach and you gasped, sitting straight up. “What’s wrong?” He asked at once. 

  “Kicking,” you said. It was the first time it had happened. Harry gently placed his hands on your stomach and frowned when nothing happened. After a few minutes, he just pulled you close again and started to hum. Again, there was a sharp kick. “Again,” you told him. “It happens when you hum.” 

Harry started to hum again, hands on your belly, and there was a kick against your stomach. With tears in his eyes, Harry looked up, “Our baby likes my voice,” he whispered.

Zayn: It was a fun night out with the girls. You and your friends from school had decided to go to a karaoke bar, and then had pushed you up on stage, despite your wishes. They picked the song for you, ‘Heart Attack’ by Demi Lovato. You didn’t like to sing in front of people-especially Zayn. Him being a professional singer made you hesitant to sing for him-  so at first your voice was shaky, but gradually it gained strength, until you were belting it out. What you didn’t notice was the fact that your best friend was recording you. When you got back to your shared flat with Zayn, he looked up at you from his spot on the couch. “Hey, Y/N.” 

  “Hi, Zayn. I had a fun night.”

  “Would you say it gave you a heart-attack?” he asked, smirking, turning his computer to show you the Youtube video he had up. 

  “Oh no,” you groaned.

  “Oh yes. Oh, yes.”

Liam: "TELL ME I’M A SCREWED UP MESS," Liam shouted.

  “THAT I NEVER LISTEN,” you yelled back.

  “TELL ME YOU DON’T WANT MY KISS,” Liam called. 

  “Hold up!” You said, turning of the iPod, that had been blaring random music for the past hour. Liam turned to face you, eyebrow raised in questioning. “That’s a bit far.”

Liam grinned widely and kissed you softly, “I love you.” 

A smirk spread across your face as you clicked the button on the iPod, “THAT YOU WANT YOUR DISTANCE,” you sang, loudly and very off-key. 

Laughing, he continued to sing and dance around the park.