Chapter 5:

Derick's P.O.V:
Lena's eyes brimmed with tears as she looked at me. Then she looked down at her hands, slightly shaking her head at her shaking hands. Lena looked at May and whimpered, tears slightly pooring down her face.
"May, is, is that true?" May finally shook herself out of her trance and her eyes closed and she took a very deep breath. "Lena, sweetheart-" Lena held up her hand while the other rapped around her chest.
She was looking down and it was all I could do not to reach out to her and hold her to me forever. She took in a deep breath, her shoulders rising up and down. "Just answer, the question Maybelle. Please." Lena's voice was barely above a hoarse whisper.
May's face contorted into shame and disgust with herself. "Y-yes Lena. I'm sorry." A loud sob came from Lena's mouth, loud in the now silent room. She lifted her head, tears streaming freely down her face, cheeks red and blotchy.
"Lena, Lena please, please!" May was crying, begging Lena to turn back around. Lena walked towards the door and stopped with her hand on the door. She turned around and frowned at May. "I thought you were my friend."
Lena's P.O.V:
After I left, I walked to the pool in the yard and slipped my heals off. The lights were shining in the pool, making it clear enough to see to the bottom. My tears had almost dried, just leaving a feeling of betrayal that was eating at me from the inside.
Someone shoved at my shoulder playfully, causing me to nearly fall into the pool. The tingles his hand sent when he touched my shoulder gave me a clear sign of who it was.
I looked up and saw him smiling an actual smile, no smirk whatsoever and no serious face. "I'm sorry about May, you know, not telling you." I looked back at the pool, thinking about the scene that had just took place in her house.
"Yeah...." I sat there, splashing my feet in the pool, the cool air blowing on me even though I couldn't really feel it because of my werewolf blood.
All of a sudden I was airborne, falling into the water and then there was another splash and Derick was beside me, hair and face dripping wet, a smirk plastered on his lips.
He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him, touching the palm of my hand to his cheek causing the tingles to pulse from the place where our skin made contact.
"Do you feel that too? It tingles." His face was a mask of confusion, brows furrowed and his lips twitched downward. "All I know is, I want to know more about it." My breath caught in my throat when he leaned down to me, closing his eyes slowly as he bent his face to mine.
His lips were inches from mine, and his lips were slightly parted. And then his lips were on my lips, slowly massaging them and I kissed him back. His tongue slowly went across my bottom lips, silently asking for entrance.
I opened my mouth and his tongue slipped in, slowly kneading the inside of my mouth and the tingling increased, buzzing throughout my body.
"This must be what the mate bond feels like." He stopped kissing me to take a breath and he smirked at me. He leaned down in my ear and whispered.
"My little mate."