Chapter 6

Derick's P.O.V:
   When Lena walked outside, I walked over to May. Bending down to her ear I smirked. "Remember this day, when you fucked up and lost a friend because of your stupid actions."
   May's eyes brimmed with tears and she looked down, whimpering lightly. "You're right. I'm such a horrible person." Her voice cracked at the admittion, hair falling into her face.
   I walked away to the door, intending to follow Lena when Annika and her cliche showed up and stopped me. "Baby," she drawled,"where do you think you're going?" She put her  hand on my chest, pushing me back slightly.
   I narrowed my eyes, staring down at her with disgust clear in my eyes. She leaned in my face, trying to kiss me but I pulled back and glared at her. "I'm not in the mood Annika." I moved her aside, walking out of the house.
   Raiden shivered with disgust and loathing at Annika touching me. You and me both buddy. I mindlinked him, slightly smiling at his toothy grin.  I walked towards the pool, following Lena's scent untill I saw her silouette against the light of the pool.
   Her heals were sitting beside her, while her feet splashed the water slightly. I smiled, feeling all warm and fuzzy inside as i looked at her tiny figure, and I wished that I could keep her safe from anything and everything. What? This isn't me talking is it? What's wrong with me?
   I'm usually the one the girls pine over not the other way around. I shook my head slightly, playfully shoving her shoulder and seeing her nearly fall off the edge of the pool.
   Lena looked up, eyes filled with confusion and something else that looked like longing? No it couldn't be. Did she feel the energy that past between each of us? I sat down beside her, trying to find somewhere to start.
   "I'm sorry about May, you know, not telling you." I inwardly cringed but I sent her a smile, a real one, no smirks. She looked back at the pool. "Yeah..." she continued to splash her feet, until I smirked and sent her flying into the pool.
   Lena yelped, unprepared for the fall. After she went under, I slipped my shoes off and jumped in. When I popped my head up, she was already gasping for air, dress wet and sticking to her every curve.
   On impulse, I grabbed her hand and pulled her to me. As if under another persons influence, I lifted Lena's hand to my face, her palm sending shock waves through my body.
   I was confused, not sure what to make of this feeling but then Raiden shivered with delight, tail thumping faster than my heart could beat, he sent me the answer. It shocked me to the core, surprise and giddiness brimming my heart. 
   Mates.  I looked down at Lena and saw her eyes glazed over and could hear her heart beating erratically. I looked down at her confused. "Do you feel that too? It tingles." Her eyebrows furrowed, taking in my expression.
   "All I know is, I want to find out more about it." And I did something that shocked the both of us. I leaned in, slowly getting closer to her lips. Close enough to smell and feel her cinnomen breath. So close and then suddenly there.
   Lena's lips were so soft and molded against my mouth slowly, as if savoring the moment. I was seeing stars, it felt like my world had stopped moving, leaving me to focus on her and her lips and her kisses.
   The ones that would were only for me, my very own to kiss whenever I pleased. I wanted to make Lena happy, and in that moment, that's all I could think about was her. We pulled away slowly, catching our breath. My eyes opened slowly, wanting to savor the moment.
   Lena's eyes were hooded, glazed over with lust. I smiled. "This must be what the mate bond feels like." She looked up at me, slightly startled but had a look of exception. She smiled. That smile lit up my world, warming my heart.
   "My little mate." I placed my hand on her cheek, appeasing my wolf's need. Lena's breath caught, her hand slowly slipping up to my hand that was cupping her cheek.
   I wrapped my arms around Lena, pulling her body to mine. She hesitated but wrapped her arms around my back. I laid my head on her shoulder, nussling her neck.
   This was where I belonged.