Chapter 13

Lena's P.O.V:
   The beast stands in front of me, smirking. Twirling a piece of my hair around his fingers, he yanks lightly. "Oh, I'm guessing you want an explanation. Well, I was borne inside of him, reincarnated really. It happens sometimes, more often then not."
   The beast, Riggen, continues to toy with my hair. Then he stops suddenly, time seeming to stand still. Derick's eyes turn back blue and he falls forward.
   Reaching for him, I barely hold up his weight. Goddess what a heavy man. Huffing and puffing, I manage to take him to my bedroom this time, instead of that uncomfortable couch.
   "Woah, you really know how to pack a few pounds." Patting his chest, the buzzing in my fingers comes back, just less intense. Walking into my dad's bedroom, I lay on the bed in the middle of the room. Slowly I drift off to sleep, dreaming about Riggen and Derick.
Derick's P.O.V:
   I wake up, this time in a bed. Sitting up, I rub my hands over my face and try to clear my mind. I have to leave. Now. Standing up, I straighten my shirt and walk out of the room.
   The beast is silent, thank the Goddess. But it causes a sort of unease in me, like something is about to happen. Finding the living room, I see Lena walk in from a door on the side. When she looks up, she smiles slightly.
  "You're up." My heart stops beating. Lena looks so beautiful. Her hair is a mess, But she looks refreshed. No. I can't play this game and I'm don't want to hurt her. So I say the words that jab at my heart.
   "Lena, we can't do this anymore. It's not working." Lena's eyes widen and she looks taken aback for a moment. Sadness creeps into her voice and I try to look away from her teary eyes.
  "Why..Why not?" I choke up, but I deny my wolf's pleads. I block all of the emotions I'm feeling and focus in being cold and distant.
   "Because..." I start walking over to the door and turn slightly when I reach it. Lena's face is red with anger and grievance.
   "Coward, that's all you are! You just won't let anyone get close because you are a coward! And nothing else. What happened to what we were?"
   I roll my shoulders, trying to brush off the words that she is slinging at me. Each one pierces my heart, but not like what my next words will do to her.
   "What makes you think What we 'were' was any different from any of the girls that I have been with?!" She flinched and draws back, tears rolling down her red cheeks. Then her eyes set my soul on fire, burning through my walks.
  "Get out. Get out! GET OUT!!" Lena's voice raises with every word. My world shatters as she shoves me out of the door and into the yard, the grey sky hanging low.
   "Don't you think you've done enough?! Leave! Just go!" She slumps down to the floor and it's all I can do to keep from running to her. "Coward," she whispers,"just go."
   Her voice is defeated and I walk away reluctantly, her sobbing and wailing reaching my ears even from the distance I'm at. The pain she feels mirrors mine, and I feel like my soul has been ripped apart. I run, and run till I reach my house.
   The tears roll down my face, and I furiously wipe them away. The beast laughs and cackles, feeling proud of himself. I lay on my bed, and cry.
Lena's P.O.V:
   I lay on my bed feeling drained and used. Even when my dad comes home, I don't get up. The pain is too raw. I can't even move because of the pain in my heart.
   But my mind is on replay, repeating over and over again the scene from this morning. My eyes are red and puffy from the tears that I've shead. But I know that he's not worth it.
   That coward, who runs from everything and shuts everyone out. But he is... Olga whispers. Oh he is yes, yes he is....
I feel so bad now.... I just had to do it though, you all understand that right?? Good. Remember vote, share, and just enjoy yourselves with my reading.💕 you must all hate me now.... Sorry.👐 I needed to get on with the story.......😉