Chapter 15:

Lena's P.O.V:
   I lay on the bed, panting from what had just happened. Staring at the ceiling, I begin to think I imagined the whole thing until I see the window open and the curtains fluttering.
   Rubbing my hands down my face, I feel slightly appalled at my actions. More like reactions. I slap my hand to my forehead, cursing my conscience for interfering.
   I lay down after closing the window, realizing it has gotten late. My brow furrows, confusion setting in. Last time I checked the clock it had been 3:00 but as I look at the time, it reads 8:30.
   I lay in bed, pulling the sheet over my cooled body. Turning on my side, I fall asleep to the moon high in the night sky.
Derick's P.O.V:
   I know the beast has done something because of the fire that had been burning my insides is gone. For now anyways. What have you done? I whisper to Riggen, the beast. He chuckles.
   What I had to... I felt like my heart had dipped into my stomach from fear and anxiety knawed on my insides. Goddess, what have you done?
Lena's P.O.V:
   Waking up the next morning, I stretch, feeling more refreshed than ever. I do my daily routine and walk downstairs, cooking some pancakes for me and my grumbling stomach. My wolf has come back from wherever she was, feeding into my hunger.
   Wiping my face, I stand from the table and go back upstairs. Laying in bed, the beast decides to come back. His voice echoes in my head, causing me to close my eyes.
   What I did will not satisfy you for long.. He whispers, although it's barely one inside my head. "What do you mean?" I speak aloud, not used to speaking to him in my head.
   He chuckles softly, soothing me somehow. What happened yesterday, will not satisfy you for much longer. I sigh heavily, knowing what this means. "What is going to happen?" The sides of my eyes start to burn but I will not cry.
    Talk to him. The presence in my head is gone, leaving me to my thoughts. I sit up reluctantly, pulling on a sweater and leggings. Slipping on boots, I head out the door,  walking to Derick's house.
   ........
    I face the door. It looks intimidating and hovers over me. I shake slightly, but I reach my hand up and knock. It resonds through the quiet, making me cringe. But I won't be swayed.
   After a moment, a disheveled Derick burst open the doors to his house. His hair looked like he had ran his fingers through his hair too many times, leaving it sticking up everywhere.
    Derick looked surprise for a moment, but then glared at her. Sneering, he looks me up and down. "What do you want?" His voice drips with malice. His eyes hold none of the love that I am used to seeing, replaced by hatred and disgust.
   It tips my heart, just knowing that it is directed at me. "Uh, I came to, to talk." I stutter, shaking slightly from the pain.
  "Talk? Talk?! I have nothing to say to you! You are worthless and I could care less what you have to say." Derick's voice raises with every word, leaving me stunned to silence.
  "You, you don't really mean that." I whisper when my voice returns. He shakes his head and steps back, turning to walk in his house.
  "I do mean it! Every word that comes out of my mouth, is true." Derick turns to me, faltering with the sight of my tears. "Every word, huh?" I wipe the tears, feeling ashamed. How could I have fallen for him?
  "Then say it. Say it!" I got his chest, my voice rising with every word. "Say it." I whisper.
   "You are, are..." I look up as he struggles with his words. "I'm what?"
   "You're worth less." My soul shatters, leaving me to feel lightheaded. I dash through the doors, running and running until I can't run anymore but I carry on.
   That's all I can do, the pain tugging at my heart, making it bleed. I run to my house, past my confused father and into my bedroom.
   I faceplant into the bed, numb from everything but his words replaying in my head.
   Worthless.
Derick's P.O.V::
  I wreck my house, throwing anything I can, everything in sight. The pain I feel is blinding, stabbing into me with every replay of the words I said to her. To my Lena.
   The pain in her eyes when I spoke them. The tears streaming down her cheeks, the words my father spoke. My vision blurs from the tears. Alphas don't cry. But I am no alpha. I have no honor, no compassion.
   I am just what my father called me.
   Coward.
______________________________