Chapter 18

3 months later....
Lena's P.O.V::
   I stepped into the apartment and closed the door, smiling brightly from hanging with Christina. I met her when I first moved here, getting a job at a local café. We hit it off instantly, her being bubbly and loud, and me being quiet and timid.
   I told her about my "mate" problem and she just smiled sadly. Christina told me about her mate, Daniel, how he was so kind and sort of nerdy. We giggled and spent nights together, some ending with me crying, and others ending in fits of giggles.
   I sat my purse on the kitchen counter, reaching into the refrigerater. "Ah!" I jump, my phone ringing loudly in the silence. Reaching over I smile. It's my father.
   "Hey Dad. How have you been? No I'm fine." His words make me hesitate, stumbling over words. "Um no, no I'm not coming home. And I'm not going back to... to him." The words get stuck in my throat at what he says.
   "I-I don't care." I say into the phone, not trying to asure him, but myself. And I thought I was over this. I end the call as soon as I can. My mood is ruined for the night.
   Sighing to myself, I get in the shower. Not even the warmth of the water makes me feel any better. I could have lived without those memories. I throw on pj's and jump in bed. I stare at the ceiling, slowly drifting to sleep.
---------------
   I stretch out on the bed, ready for the day. I jump up and grab a beige sweater and black ripped jeans, slipping on ankle high beige boots. I grab my purse and close the door, locking it behind me. The air is chilled but I love it.
   The wind blows through my hair, and I hum lowly to myself, enjoying the breeze. I reach Café Lá Luna after a few minutes of walking, breathing the sweet scent of coffee in as I go through the door.
   The Café is rustic, and has a warm homely atmosphere. I go to the back room, tying a apron around my hips and I start to bake and brew the coffee for today. The bell rings, signaling a costumer and I freeze at who I see.
   Maybelle William stands in the door, gorgeous as ever, tall slender legs on display while she walks in a black beaded dress. Her heals elevate her hight,  causing her to really tower over me.
   When she looks up from her phone and makes she contact, her eyes shine with recognition. Maybelle comes forward and then stops. "Lena?" I try to look like I don't know what she's talking about, furrowing my eyebrows together.
  "No I don't know a Lena. Would you like some coffee?" Maybelle frowns, confused as much as I am, why is she here? She shakes her head, mumbling an apology, saying she just thought I was someone she knew.