Chapter 19

Lena's P.O.V
   I scrub the tables, the norm of the day. Standing back up, I go behind the counter with Christina while she makes a Caramel Frappe for a customer. I smile at her, as she finishes the order.
   "How's your day been?" I nod, stuffing a parf in my mouth. Wiping the crumbs off my face, I tell her about the May confrontation earlier today.
   "Oh girl, uh uh! If she comes back I am going to deal with her." I shake my head at her, laughing slightly. The bell rings, signaling a customer came in, and I go to take their order.
   "Welcome to Café Dalana. Can I help you?" I smile, looking up. My smile slowly fades when I see who sits in the booth. I stand in shock, my hand resting on the table as I stare at Derick. He reaches out and touches my hand.
   "Lena." His voice breaks me out of my trance, and I recoil my hand. Shaking my head, I set the menu down, my hands shaking in fear. Why is he here? I turn, walking slowly as to not cause a scene, my heart thrumming in my ears loudly.
   I go to the back of the café and try to catch my breath. He can't be here. Rubbing my hands down my face, I step back out. I can do this. I will.
   But I can't. This starts at the back of my mind, and slowly seeps into every thought. Christina tells me that Derick has been asking for me, and looks at me for a while. I smile at her and she shrugs.
   I walk out confidently but I falter when I look into his eyes. I struggle to breathe, my throat closing. My eyes burn, the pain too raw and I panic, darting outside.
   The clouds are grey but I continue walking, speeding up when I hear footsteps fall behind me. "No! Leave, you aren't supposed to be here." Derick wraps his arms around me, pulling me to his chest.
   His face is in my neck, and the memories and my love for him flood into my mind. "Lena, I'm sorry. I need you back." Derick breathes into my ear, causing me to shiver. His voice pulls me in every time. My eyes snap open, and I jerk away.
   "No. I'm not getting hurt again. Please." The pain is evident in my voice and his eyes fill with tears. The sky opens up and the rain pours onto us, soaking us. As Derick looks at me, the tears in his eyes fall, streaking down his cheeks, mixing with the rain.
   "Please, Lena don't leave...please," his voice hoarse from the tears. "I'm...I'm sorry for putting you through all this... this shit, but it hurt me too. And I love you." My eyes widen, my heart constricting from the confession from my cocky alpha.
   Three words are uttered from my cold lips. "Then show me." Derick's eyes widen with the words, and he pulls me to him, squeezing me to the hard flesh of his chest. Derick's lips seize mine, gripping me in a heart wrenching kiss.