02| flowers on the floor

❝and i miss something,
that doesn't even exist.❞

A/N : coming back up from the last few chapters and saying good luck to you all

☾ 02 ☽

"Sweety, take it slower." My mom put her hand on my shoulder, a sign to slow down.

I wanted to be out of this hospital already. I'd been here for about a week, the doctors finally giving my parents the okay when they saw I was doing well. They hadn't let anyone come in to visit me recently, only because my parents didn't want anyone to because they saw me acting strangely after I got the news about Niall.

I was acting strangely, my whole mind was a mess. I felt horrible. Why did I even try to jump off the bridge? I am so stupid. Why did he jump after me? I hadn't seen Niall after that one occurrence the first day I woke up in the hospital.

It didn't help that my parents where here together. I hadn't seen them together since I was seven. They had gotten a divorce and had never even looked back afterwards. I was tossed back and forth between them, spending school time with my mom and most of the summer and winter break with my dad.

My sister, May was also tossed around between them. Although, she didn't deal very well with the pressure, and was pregnant at eighteen years old. She only had about a month or so until she would give birth.

I stepped into the waiting room and immediately someone rushed over to me and pulled me into a bear hug. "I was so fucking worried about you, Halo. They only let me in when you were asleep."

I groaned in pain and feebly pushed him away, my dad doing the same. "Son, go home, she needs to rest."

My dad has never liked Carter. My father told me he didn't like his "vibe", and we had gotten into a big argument after that.

"I'm her fucking boyfriend, she tried to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge, and I can't even see her? This is fucked up." He clenched his fists angrily.

I felt my body weaken. I hadn't tried to commit suicide. I didn't, did I? No- I knew I was going to survive, but did I really?

"I'll see you later, Carter." I patted his shoulder and he stared at me incredulously.

"Ok, fine- whatever. I'll call you later." He stuck his hand out for me to shake it and I awkwardly shook it back, feeling something slide into the palm of my hand.

"Bye." He turned around and sauntered out of the building, his skinny frame disappearing out the door.

I didn't feel very well. My stomach hadn't been able to keep food in very long because when I first arrived at the hospital they had to pump my stomach to get all of the sea water out.

I felt the slip of paper Carter had passed into my palm. Tightening my sweaty fingers around it, I decided I would read it later.

I stepped out of the hospital building and took a deep breath into my lungs, inhaling the fresh air.

My parents lead me to my jeep, I smiled looking at the dark blue color. My mind flashed to the dark ocean and I stiffened before relaxing and using most of my strength to hoist myself up into the passenger side, my mom's hands on my side, balancing me.

"I'm not a baby, mom." I fell into the seat with a frown.

"You always think you're so strong." Her voice wobbled and she let out a sniff, climbing behind me into a seat while my dad turned on my car.

"I didn't mean- I'm sorry." They didn't talked to me about the accident, they also probably think I tried to commit suicide.

"Let's just get home, I bet you miss May." I could hear the smile in her voice as she leaned forward and told me news about my sister's pregnancy.