12| lingering

❝isn't it sad how even the prettiest things in life end up dying?
stars, flowers, love in some cases & even the people we want here the most.
nothing lasts.
and that is a very very sad thing.❞

A/N: SORRY FOR THE REALLY LATE UPDATE & THANKS FOR ALL THE READS, VOTES, AND COOOOMENTS

☾ 12 ☽

"I'm not crazy," I whispered.

Walter shrugged. "That's not what everyone else thinks."

He was still circling his finger around his head; I yanked his hand away so that he would stop.

"Why do they think I'm crazy?" I grabbed his hand again as he continued to twirl his finger around his head.

"While you were changing in the closet your mom was telling your therapist about all the crazy things you've been doing lately." He grinned at me.

I squinted at him. "Shit- wait, how do you know I was changing in the closet?"

He licked his bottom lip. "I like to watch you."

I sat up angrily. "Did you watch me undress?"

He shrugged and twirled his finger around his head. "It was dark in there, I didn't see much."

I clenched my fist and drove it through him- my hand went straight through him.

He laughed. "You can't hurt me unless I materialize, babe."

"Materialize then, asshole." I put my fist up above his translucent head, getting ready to hit him.

"Nah, you would hardly hurt me. Look at those puny arms."

I was so angry I could just kill him, but he was already a ghost so I couldn't exactly kill him.

Knowing that I couldn't hurt him, I sat back in my bed just as he materialized and glanced over me tiredly.

"I'm tired," he said and yawned.

Suddenly an idea popped up in my head. "Walter, help me find him."

I sat upright with wide eyes. He slowly propped himself up with his elbow and faced me with confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"Help me find Niall," I whispered excitedly.

He raised an eyebrow. "I should probably go-"

I grabbed the folds of his shirt, he did nothing to stop me as I shook him back and forth. "Walter, please."

Tears started to form in my eyes as he continuously shook his head. I pleaded, "We have to find him, he might be alive."

"I can't do that," He said plainly.

I was yanking at his black shirt harshly now, tears escaping.

"Why can't you help me?" I was on the verge of shouting but I kept my voice at a loud whisper just incase my mother would hear.

"Niall's dead!" His lips were pressed against my ear fiercely. His fingers intertwined with mine which were still latched onto his shirt desperately.

"I love Niall so much, what do I do?" I sunk into Walter's shirt, I knew I had lost. His eyes changed from light green to a fog like grey.

"Move on, that's all you can do."

I backed off of him and ran my hand through my hair. "I'm sorry," I said, my voice coming out feebly.

"You don't have to say sorry, I understand." His lips twitched and he sagged into my bed tiredly.

"You understand?" This made me wonder about how his life was before he ended up in this state.