04| blood red

❝we are all searching for someone who's demons play well with ours.❞

A/N: eight hundred reads already? wow guys ily, happy valentines day xox

☾ 04 ☽

Just go to sleep
I'll talk to you later

No, don't leave me, Niall.

I have to go

After he whispered those words in my drowsy mind, I felt my body slowly cave into the darkness as my eyelids shut closed.

When I woke up, I wasn't sure what had happened the night before, it all seemed like a dream to me. I heard footsteps come up the steps and then my door fling open as my friend from biology, Francis stepped in with a huge grin on her face, my mom trailing behind her with a dissaproving look on her features.

"Halo!" She was about to jump on me, but my mother grabbed her gently and shook her head once before leaving us.

"Goddamn, your mom is strict, she isn't letting anyone see you." She sat down on the bed, picking a random box of chocolates from the floor and popping a few into her mouth.

I stared at her long dark red hair, and replied, "Well, I almost died, so-"

"Yeah, well everyone at the party feels like shit, expecially the ones on the bridge with you and Niall, I mean they could've stopped you guys." She swallowed the chocolates, her brown eyes examining me.

"Are you alright? You look really pale, like you've seen a ghost or something." She laughed as if it couldn't possible be true, and I laughed along with her, but on the inside I was dieing.

"It's probably the medicine they put me on." They had put me on antidepressants, I wasn't even depressed though.

She sighed and layed down next to me, staring up at the ceiling, her eyes squinting right at the words that were painted up there. Could she see the words?

"Did you paint your room a different color, wasn't it white the last time I was here?"

She couldn't see the words, it was only me. "I painted it crimson a few months ago-"

"-with Niall."

Flashback

"Niall, you missed a spot." I smacked him on the head gently with my paintbrush, a big blob of crimson paint dropping onto his sweatpants.

"Fuck, it looks like I was on my period." He pouted his pink lips at me, and I laughed, "That's what you get."

"Oh, really?" He grabbed his paintbrush from the floor, and flicked it in my direction causing little droplets of paint to splatter on my chest.

I gaped at him. "Niall! You son of a-"

He interrupted me. "Eh, language missy."

I pretended to get back to work. I saw him grab his paintbrush and start working, his t shirt lifting up as he reached higher and higher, trying to get the tall parts of the walls.

I bent down and soaked my hands in the blood colored paint- running at him, I wrapped my soaked hands around his exposed skin, the paint on my hands staining his t shirt and skin. My hands were still wrapped around his bare stomach before I felt it tense up as he laughed, warmth from his core making me feel giddy with happiness.