2: Let It Go

"Morning Thomas," Lisbon said with a smile. I smiled back and sat at my desk. I was ready to work and get my mind off of him. I know that sounds bad, but sometimes forgetting helps me think clearly. I knew that the call I had with him was going to stay on my mind for a long time. No sense denying that. 

"So is there a case?" I asked and Lisbon nodded. 

"You up for it?" she asked and I stood up. 

"I'm always ready," I answered and followed her out the door. We drove to the sight and I saw a man there with a few gunshot wounds in his chest. Poor guy looked awful. I walked up behind Lisbon ready to do what we have started calling the 'Patrick Jane spirit.' Since Patrick has been gone, someone had to step up and fill in for the time being. That someone was me. I don't know why, but I didn't care. I thought I did a good job at it at times. 

"What do we have?" Lisbon asked Cho. I was looking at the body. 

"David Fisher," he answered. "Worked at a barber shop. Not much to say, divorced, arrested, sued-" 

"That's not much to say?" I asked and saw that he was missing a ring. 

"Where is his ring at?" I asked. Cho looked down and saw nothing, or at least the way I did. 

"What ring?" he asked. 

"There was a ring, right on his middle finger, He wore it often, but now the ring is gone. Where is his wife at, by the way?" 

"Home in another town," Rigsby answered. "We're getting her adress down now." 

"Why would someone want to kill a barber?" VanPelt asked. 

"Money, revenge, love, to relive anger-" I said but I was interrupted.

"That's a lot of reasons," Cho told me. I smiled. 

"I'm sure we will figure out which is the right one," I said and I moved my hand up to his collar bone. I pulled the shirt he was wearing down a bit and saw the sign I hated. The six red stars were on him. 

"No way," Rigsby said looking at him. "He can't be a part of them, can he?" 

"He's not," I said sighing. 

"Then what about the stars?" VanPelt asked. I held up a needle that was lying in the dirt. 

"He was cut for these marks to be made. The Red Stars killed him. We're not going to find the killer unless I find Bill." 

"Well why did they kill him?" Lisbon asked coming up behind Grace. 

"Punishment," I answered. "Punishment for not finding them or Patrick. They have a sick way of telling me things." 

"I can see that. Alright, there is nothing more we can do here, so let's head back to the base." We all went to our cars, then back at base. I sat down looking at the paper I was using when I heard Lisbon say my name. "Can I talk with you?" she asked. 

"Sure," I answered walking into her office. "Yes boss?" 

"I want you off the Red Star cases," she told me and I looked at her. Off the cases? 

"Why?" I asked her. Off the cases. That means I wouldn't be able to find Patrick. I had to find him or else they were going to kill him. 

"I don't think it is healthy for you to do them. Since they took Jane, you havn't really done anything else but work those cases." 

"Lisbon, I have to find them. They've done too much to me for me to just let them go. I have to find them!" 

"No you don't. They might have done things to you, but that doesn't mean you can do this to yourself." 

"They kidnapped me three times. They killed my mother and sister. My father was part of them. They took my husband away from me. You don't think that gives me the right to find them? Cause it does. I will find them with or without the team. Let's face it, you guys know nothing about them, not like I do." 

"Either you let it go or I will suspend you from the team. Your choice." 

"I can't let them win Lisbon. I can't let it go, not now. They have Patrick." 

"Jane's dead! They couldn't keep him hidden this long unless he was!" 

"Then where's the body?" 

"I don't know." 

"See?" 

"Fine Thomas, you can stay with us and work on the cases. But I do want you to go here," she said giving me a card. I looked at it and she saw my face. "Just talk to the guy for at least two months and then you can stop. Understood?" 

"Yes boss," I said walking out of the office. I wasn't in that much need to talk to someone to get my feelings out. I was fine. I sighed and decided that since I wasn't needed here I was going to go home. I got in my car and drove to my home. I was halfway there when another car come racing out of no where. I pulled to the side of the road, but I hit a pole, and my head. I blacked out. 

Ohh, shit just happened! So guys, how is this coming so far? Is it good, bad, ugly? I'm writing this without a pinkie. I have a huge cut on it and it hurts to it the keys with it. So sorry if there is a mistake. Peace out my Stars!