11: Falling in the Black

I was still sitting at the table after what I told Alexis. I was deep in thought when there was a knock on the door. I stood up and walk to the door and opened it. I looked to see no one there. I looked around, but the street was empty besides the dog on my neighbors front porch. I was about to go in when I saw a note at my feet I picked it up and closed the door behind me. 

Wait for a video call on your computer. New rules for you and you may get a chance to see Patrick. -Bill 

I sat down next to my laptop and waited. I saw the little button come up from Skype. I clicked the button and up came Bill's smug smile. 

"Hello Missy Jane," he said smiling. He much have been holding the laptop since he was shacking. I just looked at him. 

"What do you want?" I asked him. 

"I just wish to tell you the new rules you have. They have changed since you and Patrick are still clearly attached to each other far too much. First you are not allowed to speak to me unless I speak to you first. Second I want you to only speed your days trying to find me. In your spare time, when you have time at work. Third, you will never speak to me about Patrick Jane. Never. Understand?" 

"How will I know Patrick is safe? What happens if I break these rules?" 

"I will tell you once a month if he is still safe or not. If you break the rules, your husband will be beaten much like he was earlier. Which reminds me, since you will never see him again, would you like to see him?" 

I wiped my tears, and held my head up high. Patrick wasn't going to see my tears. Not today. Bill smiled and took it has a yes. He carried the laptop into a room, and on the bed was a man. He had blond hair that was in tangles. His once nice suit was dirty and covered in so many stains that it was not the same. He no longer had shoes on, most likely taken from him. He was covered in bruises, and his eye I could see was black and not opened. His nose looked broken, he looked like he was in a fight. His hands were tied to the bed, and he was looking up at the wall, not looking at Bill. I had to cover my mouth to keep from gasping and breaking down. 

"Oh, Patrick," Bill said placing the laptop on his lap. Patrick opened his good and looked at it. His face light up when he saw me on the screen. His busted lip formed that smile that I loved so much. Yet it was different since his teeth were yellowing, but I could see his perfect white teeth giving me a smile, not this man. He didn't look like Patrick at all, but take away the clothes, bruises, and yellow teeth, you had the man I loved. I still do. 

"Missy," he croaked, sounding like he hadn't had a drink all day. He then quickly looked at Bill who was smiling. 

"I'll leave you two alone," Bill said, and I was left alone to look at Patrick. I smiled at him, and he returned the smile. 

"Missy," he said, still a little weak, but much more like I was used to. 

"Patrick," I said, cherishing the fact I got to say his name to him. I placed my hand on the screen, hoping that I could touch him. I knew I couldn't, and he saw what I was doing. He laughed, but it didn't reach his eyes. I could tell he wanted me to touch him again. 

"I don't think it is going to work," he told me, making me laugh. 

"Doesn't hurt to try," I said placing my hand on my face, probing it up on the table. "It is so good to hear that laugh." 

"Well I tend to be an upbeat guy." 

"You do? Jee, I never noticed that." 

"Very funny," he said, laugh so much that it finally did hit his one beautiful blue eye. "So how is your life?" 

"It could always be better." 

"What about this Matt guy I have been hearing about?" 

"Patrick, I have a plan to get you out. If I love someone else, maybe they let me go. I won't really, but I can act. Then I can kill Bill and we can be free. I promise that I will do anything to get you in my arms again." 

"I know you will. I promise you that I won't be like this when you do find me." 

"I want you too!" I cried, making him raise an eyebrow. "If I find you like that, then I will get you sooner. Like in the next two weeks." 

"Ah." 

"Are you okay?" I asked him, and he sighed. 

"I'll survive. I don't know how much life I will have, but I do promise that I will be alive when you do. When I get out of here I'm taking you to the best, most delicious dinner I can think of. The most romantic place in this whole state." 

"How much will that cost?" I asked laughing. He thought and laughed too. 

"Maybe I will take you to have a hamburger at McDonald's." 

"You know I don't like that place!" 

"You are hard to please! How about I made chicken Alfredo?" 

"There we go," I said laughing. He winked at me. 

"I'll do whatever you want. I'm never leaving your side again. No matter what, I'll be there, even if it pisses you off." 

"I would be bothered if that didn't sound so good. You better or I will give you heck about it." 

"Wouldn't want it any other way. Missy, Bill his coming back. I think we should say good bye. I mean I'll see you later," he said with a wink. Brayson really has started something between us. 

"I'll see you later Patrick," I told him trying to keep the smile on my face. "I love you. Don't you ever forget it." 

"I'll see you later," Patrick told me, and I could see him trying to keep his tears in too. "I love you much more than I ever thought I could love a person. I miss you so much Missy." 

"I miss you so damn much too." 

Bill picked the laptop off of Patrick's lap, and then the screen went black. That is what I felt I was doing. Falling in the black of everything, and I wasn't sure if I was ever going to get out. 

I'm crying right now, it isn't funny. I do feel bad for Missy and Patrick. Also if you guys have like a name for these two, let me know. I know, it's the fourth book, but Tane doesn't really work anymore. My friend and I call them Pissy, but I think we can only keep a straight face for so long! xD So any names for them? Let me know! Peace out my Stars!