12: It's Not Like That

"I'm glad I could take you on this walk Missy," Matt said taking my hand in my own. If this wasn't for Patrick, then I wouldn't let him hold my hand. I was supposed to be looking for Patrick, but I wouldn't do it when I could free him even sooner. I held on to Matt's hand like I loved his touch, when I really only loved one man's touch. 

We were in the park enjoying the fresh wind and the sun's ray's on our faces. It felt great out here, and I was glad I got to go out. I wasn't sure I was glad I was with Matt though. I put on my best fake smile and looked at him. 

"I'm glad I could go out with you two," I told him, looking straight in his eyes. He was nothing like Patrick, which was a good thing. I needed the opposite of Patrick Jane, looks and actions. That had to be Matt Wilson. 

"So how is your job coming?" Patrick wouldn't have to ask me that question. He was always there. 

"It is great. Working to solve dead people's crimes is the best thing I can do. What about-" 

"Mom?" someone asked me from behind. I turned and saw Brayson with a hurt look on his face. He was holding a bottle of water and I realized he was on his weekly run through the park. He turned quickly and ran off the other direction. I let go of Matt's hand and started towards Brayson before a hand grabbed my arm. 

"Missy," Matt said looking at Brayson, "let him go." 

"What?" I asked trying to pull my arm away from him. His grip was iron. I couldn't leave. 

"Let him go." 

"That is my son and he is hurt. I have to talk with him!" 

"Let. Him. Go." 

"No!" I said ripping my arm away and chasing after my son. I looked around the park and found him sitting on a bench with his head in his hands. He looked so much like his father it hurt a little bit. I walked over and sat down, making Brayson look up. 

"Brayson," I said placing my hand on his shoulder. He shrugged it off. 

"What are you doing?" he asked. "That was some guy that wasn't Dad! How could you do this to him?" 

"I'm not doing anything to Patrick! I'm trying to set him free is what I am doing. It's not like that, Brayson, it is much more." 

"That is what you call it? I thought it was called an affair." 

"I call it the plan both Patrick and I agreed on!" 

"You talked to him?" Brayson asked, his face falling. I wish I could take that back. Patrick talked to me, not his children. I don't even know how that would feel, and I don't want to. 

"I did," I answered. 

"Why didn't you tell me? Does Alexis know? She doesn't, does she?" 

"She doesn't." 

"You could have told us! When were you planning on doing it?" 

"I don't know." 

"You don't know?" Brayson asked standing up. I just watched him. "You don't know? Mom, this is my father we are talking about! I have a right to know that you talked to him, and what he says to you." 

"No you don't!" I said, my own anger rising. "I am your mother and I can keep what I want from you! If I want to tell you that your father talked to me, then I will. If not, then I won't. I have a good reason for the things I do!" 

"What was the reason?" 

"I didn't want you to feel hurt that we barely talked about you or your sister. That we were to busy to think about you since we were so happy to see each other. That is why." 

"Mom, I didn't think it was like that. I'm sorry," he told me sitting down. "I guess I was just angrey and needed to take it out on something. Maybe the source of it was best. I didn't mean it. You should have fun with whoever and keep whatever you want to yourself. Just, don't drag me into it again." 

"I didn't drag you-" 

"I'll see you later Mom," Brayson told me and walked away, leaving me to my thoughts. What was Brayson talking about? Was something the matter? I couldn't stop him now, but I was going to figure it out later. I sighed and stood up. I had a 'date' to get back too. 

I think was well needed chapter. Just something that has to happen. I wonder why Brayson was so quick to jump the gun? Wouldn't you like to know? Haha, I'm weird.It's raining outside, and I just love the sound of rain on the pavement and the roof. Calms me down and makes me be in a good mood. I don't have any idea why I just wrote that, but I felt like it, so ha! Peace out my Stars!