21: I Never Thought...

*Patrick's pov* 

I sat in the waiting room with Alexis crying into my shoulder. I was patting her hair with one hand, and holding Brayson's hand in the other. She said she couldn't go on, I thought looking at the floor. She had too. She didn't die on the way here, but she was close. They said they would do everything they could, but they said they didn't know. Missy couldn't die. She couldn't. I never thought that I would have to think this, not after the Red Stars would be gone. I was wrong. 

"Dad," Brayson said and I looked at him. "I know this isn't a good time, but I think I have to tell you this, just in case I start laughing if Mom dies."

"What?" I asked, not knowing what to say. 

"I have bipolar disorder. I sometimes laugh when I want to cry, and cry when I want to laugh. I wanted to tell you in case I start laughing. I didn't want you to get mad." 

"When did you find this out?" 

"A few weeks ago. It's still pretty knew. Does this change anything?" 

"Of course not. You are still my son, and I'll never look at you any differently than I do now. I just wish I could have been there when you found out. I wish I was never gone." 

"It's not your fault," Alexis spoke up looking up at me. "It's Bill's. It's his fault you were gone and it's his fault that Mom might be dead." 

"I know sweetie," I said hugging them both close. I couldn't stop my tears from following. I was so close to having all my family, but once again Bill took that away from me. She isn't dead yet, I snapped at myself. 

"Mr. Jane?" I heard someone ask. I looked up and saw a man standing there. He walked over with something in his hands. 

"Yes," I answered and he smiled. 

"So she did find you," he sighed and nodded. He looked upset about something, and I realized who he was. This was Matt Wilson, the man who kissed Missy. 

"No," I told him. "I was let go because she was a good actress and acted like she loved someone else." 

"I figured that is what she was doing." 

"You did?" 

"I did. Yet I couldn't stop myself from kissing her. I'm sorry for that. Something got the better of me. She is a nice woman, but you are who she belongs with, not me." 

"Thank you for understanding." 

"You're welcome. Is she okay?" 

"I don't know." 

"Well could you give me a call if she is?" he asked giving me a piece of paper. "I know her feelings of love towards me where fake, but I do believe she did become my friend." 

"Of course I will." He nodded and walked away. I looked at it and shoved it into my pocket. 

"You are going to call him, right?" Alexis asked me with a smile. I smiled back. 

"Do you think I am that mean?" I asked, trying to sound hurt by it. She laughed. 

"Just asking." 

"Mr. Jane?" I heard someone else ask, and this time it was the doctor. I stood up and she walked over. It was the doctor who took care of me when I was hit with the bullet, Dr. Smith. 

"Is she okay?" I asked and Dr. Smith smile. 

"I don't know how, I don't think I will ever know, but she is going to be alright," she said and I laughed. She was fine. My angel was going to be okay. Then something hit me. 

"Is she in a coma?" I asked and Dr. Smith kept smiling. 

"Nope. She's asleep, but she will be up tomorrow. You can stay if you want to, all three of you." 

"Thank you," I said shaking her hand. She smiled. 

"She's a fighter Patrick," she told me. "I think the reason she is alive is pure will. She didn't want to live you. In fact during surgery she mumbled your name, all of yours. She wasn't going to leave, and she knew it, deep down." 

"Thank you," I said again and she left. I walked down the hallways that had Missy in it. I looked in room after room until I saw her. Her black hair was spread all over the pillow, her pale skin even more pale in the light. She had an air tube in her nose, heart monitor, and bandage on her shoulder, chest, and leg. She fought. She fought and she won. She didn't look the best, but then again, I didn't either. I should have been the one in a bed, but they said nothing was too bad and I left to go see Missy come out of the woods telling me Bill was dead. I didn't think I would see her carried out by Rigsby. 

"She looks so peaceful," Alexis said stroking her cheek. 

"She does," Brayson said with a smile. "Dad, I wish I could stay, but I have finals tomorrow that I can't miss. I'll be back has soon has I can." 

"I understand Brayson," I told him still standing in the door. "Has soon has she gets better, we are all going to sit down, have dinner, and we are going to help me play catch up, alright?" 

"Yes Dad," he said laughing. "See you later." 

"See you later," I said laughing and watching him leave. I looked at Alexis. "Are you going to stay, or do you want to stay at your Uncle Louis' house and go to school?" 

"I want to stay," Alexis said taking her bag in hand. "Yet Mom would want me to go to school and not fuss over her, so I'll go to Uncle Louis' house." 

"Alright. Come here when school is over, alright Alexis?" 

"Yes Dad," she answered and kissed my cheek. "It's good to have you back." 

"I'm glad to be back." 

She smiled and walked out of the room to her car. I would have her call Matt tomorrow and just spend time with Missy. I think they would understand. I sighed and started to pat her hair back even more. 

"I told you," I whispered in her ear. I might have been seeing things, but I could have sworn I say Missy give a small smile. 

Yay, she is fine! Or is she? You never know with me! Mwhahahahahaha! So let me know what you think about Missy's... problem? I don't know, haha. Peace out my Stars!