Foul Play (5)

Some characters are good liars, especially in their point of views. Be careful.

. . . 

Someone

Flashback: 2004

"Okay everyone! Time's up! All papers in front, now."

I smiled as I passed my paper to the person who is sitting in front of me. I am confident that I will get the highest score in this exam. It has always been me. I studied so hard last night so deserved it.

After we passed our test papers, the teacher went out of the classroom, as well as some of my classmates.

"Hey! Let's eat!" Riri, one of classmates and also my best friend said to me.

"Yeah sure. But I'll go to the rest room first." I told her.

"Okay." she said and left with some of our friends.

While I was walking, I almost lost my balance when someone bumped me.

"Out of the way!" she yelled at me and kept on running. 

Wait, she's my classmate. Why on earth is she rushing? Is someone following her? My instincts told me that I should follow her. So I did.

I followed her secretly until she stopped and went inside the faculty room. What is she doing in there?

Lucky for me, the windows are half open. So I peeped and I saw her heading to the table of Miss Perry. She was the teacher who gave us the exam earlier.

She opened the drawers in the table and she was looking for something. I don't even know what she's looking for but it's definitely wrong to touch the things of other people.

What she is doing is wrong. And to think that she's the only one inside the faculty room. She can be expelled if someone caught her.

"Hey kid! What are you doing?!"

Crap. The janitor saw me!

I tried to act cool. "U-umm, nothing! I-i was just looking for Ms. Perry!"

It seems like I convinced the janitor. I turned around and simply walked away.

"Hey kid! She's in the cafeteria!" he shouted back there.

I kept on walking and did not bother to look back. Because of the janitor, I forgot what I saw inside the Faculty room.

And I regret the fact that I forgot what happened.

. . .

Astrid

Present Day

Alas otso na ng makarating ako sa eskwelahan. Late na ako, pero wala naman akong pakialam. Sanay na sa'kin yung mga teachers ko.

Habang naglalakad ako papunta sa classroom namin, maraming estudyante ang nagtatakbuhan papunta sa Science Building. Hindi naman ako tsismosa tsaka wala akong pake sa kung anong meron dun.

Napasinghap ako dahil sa gulat nang may biglang humawak sa kamay ko, na kahit kailan hindi ko pinahahawakan kahit kanino.

Paglingon ko, ang putanginang nakangiting mukha ng bwisit na si Faustus ang nakita ko. Pucha, Sira na ang araw ko.