Similarities (9)

. . .

Someone

Flashback : 2004

"20 over 100?!"

"Mom, I can explain."

"I told you that you should be always on top right?! And now you're giving me this?! Don't you know how disappointed I am right now?"

I just can't help but cry in front of my mom. I tried to tell her the truth but she won't listen. I disappointed her. And I don't like this feeling.

I wiped the tears on my face "Mom, Riri stole my test paper! This is not mine! You know that I can do better than this!"

"Is this what you call better huh?!" She grabbed my arm so hard enough to leave a bruise and pulled me towards her.

"You're a disgrace to this family! I can't believe that you are my child!" She screamed and then she stormed out of my room.

I lay on my bed and my pillows are soaking wet because of my tears. I can't believe that my mom just told me that I am a disgrace, a shame.

The next day was hell. Everybody in school knew what happened. Rumors about me cheating in my previous exams are spreading. And I can't do anything about it! I can't even fight for myself!

"There she is. Miss little cheater." I heard on of my classmates said when I entered the classroom.

I just ignored what he said. I know that I am not a cheater. I know they are doing because I'm on top and they want me to fail.

"Don't forget Miss little liar."

My body froze when my classmates started laughing at what Riri just said. I can't believe that she can do this to me. I thought she was my best friend. I used to tell her all of my secrets because I trusted her.

I tried to stop my tears from coming out but I failed.

I ran out of the classroom and went straight to the abandoned room near the gym and cried my heart out. Good thing I was the only one here, until I heard foot steps coming in.

"Hey."

I looked back and then I saw Brenda. This is her fault. She's the one who started this. And suddenly, I realized that I was holding her shoulders very tight.

"Why did you do it Brenda?! Why?!" I screamed in her face. I can't control my anger anymore!