~Chapter 2~

~Chapter Two

I sat in a daze for a moment staring at the letters before it registered in my mind that my best friend could be in danger. and only to make matters worse her mom was out of town leaving her defenseless in her home.

I dialed rylee's phone number, messing up a few times with the jittery nervousness building up inside me. in almost an instant she answered.

"Rylee," I yelped through the phone, "are you okay?"

she replied in a hushed whisper, "yeah im fine. Marry you've got to call the cops I cant talk too loud because whoever it is will find me."

"im not getting off the phone with you and leaving you by yourself. ill be over in 3 minutes."

Rylee and I lived within walking distance between eachother. which made the trip even shorter once I jumped into my moms ford fusion and hit the gas.

technically its not legal for me to drive without an adult because im only 15 and I just got my permit 3 months ago, but oh well the law can wait. but Rylee cant.

"Ry how are you doing?" I didnt realize how hoarse my voice sounded until now.

"im okay.. I think. im really scared I can hear footsteps," Rylee sounded calmer than she should be. probably because of the shock she was in.

"im almost there, I can see your house c'mon hang in there, Ry, your gona be okay," I told her trying to sound like I knew what I was talking about, but honestly I didnt I was afraid. afraid that this person will get to my bestfriend before I do. afraid of the thoughts going through that psychos mind. and afraid of looseing the person that has gotten me through so much.

I slammed the brakes and jerked out the keys. I jumped out of the car and stood in shock as I looled at Rylee's beaten in door.

"im here!" I shouted into the phone. I hung up dialed 911 and sprinted into the house which probably held a killer.