Chapter 27

Evan holds out his elbow for me to take.

"Shall we?" We asks, a hint of an old timey accent.

I giggle, "we shall," I take his arm.

He walks me down the dark hallway that I was dragged through earlier. I recognize a painting of an angel that I mentally told myself was Kuzon.

He was still as enchanting as the first picture. His eyes almost seem real. They shimmer in the dim light.

My grip on Evans arm tightens and he pulls me closer as a man with silver hair walks past us. He more of staggers than walks. His left leg very weak. His dark gray eyes lock with mine and I see a small rotten-toothed smile. His right hand is on backwards.

Shivers go down my spine. What kind of a person is this.? I turn my head as we walk on only to find that he is already staring back at me. I avert my gaze to the window on the right.

"Marry, I want you to stay away from him, understand.?" Evan whispers loud enough for only me to hear.

I nod trying to force my voice to work.

"Who.. who is he..?" I'm shaking so I clutch Evans arm harder trying to hide it.

"His name is Sam. He went crazy a few years ago. He got the first injection being issued, you remember the one that makes you loose emotion.? Well instead of emotions, he lost all feeling and pain. He went mad trying to feel something. Cut his own hand off and sewed it back on backwards. He has a scar going from the top of his neck to the bottom of his back. He use to be one of the most amazing angels. Now he's been demoted to institution security. He's dangerous."

"Angel.? you mean he use to be like you.?"

"No. I'm no where near him. He use to be an advisor to the Nave."

Before I could ask another question we stopped at a midevil looking door. The height of it made me shrink back. I've never been much of a person that got scared easy, but seeing as they murder, I shake violently.

"It's okay. You're tough, you got this," Evan tells me grinning.

I nod.

He opens the door for me and I walk in to meet my certian doom.