~Chapter 19~

My eyes shot open with a boom of thunder. a crack of lightning sent a thrilling light through the still dark with night room. I rubbed my tired eyes, and stretched my arms looking down at my clothes that I hadn't bothered to change.

I stood up only to place myself back down on the floor. my heart ached. I wasn't sure what for. I felt empty. I felt like where my heart should be, an endless black pit filled its presence.

I hugged myself on the ground. my mind was swirling around in circles searching to gather more information, that seems to be perfectly hidden just out of my reach.

I stood myself upright and made my way to the door. I took a deep breath before I got the strength to open it. I stepped my bare feet onto the cold hardwood floors and let myself become consumed in the shadows.

I carry myself through the stranded hallway. the red drapes and perfect white walls with their golden touch, fell into their place. the paintings and statues on the walls seem to jump out of their canvases.

I've always liked art. I like the way the colors dripped onto the page and created something entirely different. only the artist held the true meaning. others could only guess at the wonders filling the artists thoughts.

I soon found myself overtaken in the walls and staircases of the church that wasn't really a church. they need to name this place.

I kept at a steady pace finding myself lost in the angels covering the walls. they were more than beautiful. I came across one that hooked my attention.

the wings of this angel seemed to be a cross between white and red. his eyes sky blue. there was something off about the dark floppy hair and the way he held himself. and the way a young girl stood behind him defenseless. she had a look of fear in her eyes but also a look of love. she stared up at the angel who looked all too familiar.

"somehow I knew you would find your way here," a voice said softly.

I turned around to find a figure making its way to me. Evan. I was relieved, but also disappointed.

"it's beautiful," I mumble. my finger grazes the wings of the overpowering angel.

"ah, the legend of kuzon and the lovely jasmine." Evan said smiling walking to stand next to me.

"legend huh," I said quietly twisting myself lightly im place.

"Yes, very touching story actually." Evan told me.

"is that so?" I ask.

"yeah. it really got to me. funny thing is, jasmine reminds me of you." Evan whispered.

"how come," I mumbled.

"her actions, the way she thinks, where her hearts at. she didn't know how much she meant to the world. but she was so amazing. It's all your qualities."

Evans words struck me. something made me want to know.

"then lets here this story," I said smiling. and at that moment I could have swore I saw jasmines eyes shimmer.