~Marrys pov~

once again Evan sat in the bland chair next to my bed. I could feel his eyes on me yet I couldn't find the courage to speak to him.

"Marry," he whispered.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him.

"would you mind if I layed down next to you I'm kind of tired and this chair isn't very comfortable." I could see the look of longing on his face but for what.? not for me. definitely not for me. I can't forget, I'm still just his assignment. the closer I get to him the harder it will be to wake up and go back to reality. which I hope to be returning to tomorrow.

"not at all," I smiled at him and he climbed over me and layed down still very respectful of my space, making sure not to crowd me. he knew I was clostraphobic and how I scolded many people for closing me in. which most likely is the same reason he is the one next to the wall.

I couldn't face him. neither of us moved we lay like corpses long past life. I knew he was awake I could still feel him stareing at me.

5 minutes passed. silence.

10 minutes. silence.

I couldn't take it any more. I rolled over to find myself looking directly at Evan who was also looking at me. I opened my mouth to speak but he put a finger over my lips to silence me.

every nerve in my body was tingling with the short term contact. For a moment, looking into his ocean blue eyes, it seems as if I remember a night when I woke up from a dreadful nightmare to find them staring at me. although there were no words, I could hear him in a gentle whisper, "shh, I'm here. I'll protect you."

I fought back the urge to kiss him seeing as he was so close to me. He smiled at me and I blushed hoping he couldn't see right through me.

He shifted closer to me and put a hand on my arm rubbing small, comforting circles.

"Marry," he said, like he was tasting my name to see if he liked it.

"Evan," I replied merely out of embarrassment.

"You're so beautiful," he looked at me with an expression I knew he wasn't allowed to have. without a second thought he leaned in closer. "Don't move." he commanded.

I braced myself for the contact, closeing my eyes, but instead he kissed my forehead and brought me in closer to him. I opened my eyes and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled, "not yet."