chapter 6

Chapter 6~

I take deep breaths and silently count to ten like my mom always tells me to do in a frustrating situation. with each passing number I felt my body relax.

"I think Rylees out here, hun," britneys voice echoed through the room.

I collected myself, and prepared for the worst. I gripped my phone tightly in my hand-a long time habit- and stood up.

I couldnt really understand my movements. I felt as if I was on the outside watching myself glide across the floor, instead of actually commiting the movement myself.

I walked out into the crowded hallway to find Britneys friendly smile.

she led me through a maze of endless walls, and pointless rooms, until we reached our destination. Britney gave me an assuring nod and motioned for me to go Into the room.

there was a long dark table that could have easily sat 60, numerous chairs bording the walls, a baby blue tint to the paint splattering everything, then becoming daker within the spiraling designs.

I walked around for a good 5 minutes before spotting my friend. Rylee sat in the corner with her legs propped up on another chair.

she looked terrible. her long dark hair was up in what I think was a bun, her clothes were torn-clearly she didnt have a change of clothes-her blue eyes darted back and forth frightened of everyone and everything that passed by. and the worst of all a brace on her right wrist.

"Rylee," I said running to her. her face lit up instantly. she stood up to meet me with an embrace.

"Marry, thank goodness. I heard you just woke up today, oh my gosh can you believe we have been out for that long? it seems like it was just last night, and I was sure I didnt bleed that much, and then when I checked my phone everyone was asking me how we were, then all the doctors started questioning me and I freaked out. then I found out I had sprained my wrist. It hurts really bad. I should be getting this thing off soom. anyway, I dont trust them I didnt say anything, and then the strangest thing happend I dreamed.. oh wait did I tell you about the boy?" I took in every word Rylee said.

"what? what boy? dark hair blue eyes?" I asked curious over the mysterious guy.

"huh, no. he had blonde hair and carmel eyes. whats this about someone having dark hair and blue eyes? did someone come get you too?" Rylee stuttered most of her words. I could tell her tounge was tied with shock.

"well yes, actually I dont know. he came into the house and carried me out of it. he kept telling me I was safe and that I would be okay and so would you. but he wasnt a cop he was wearing jeans and a tee shirt. and I dont know why, but for some reason I felt.. protected." I stated to her feeling as if I had left something out.

"what if- how did they know where we were, that we needed help?" Rylees words rang like a bell through the loud room.

"I dont know. I dont understand. none of this makes sense," I said trying to gather something from my words that I didnt take in while speaking them.

I looked at the cast that engulfed Rylees wrist. she was fidgeting around with her fingers. she twisted her left wrist over and let it relax. but I was anything but relaxed. engraved in her skin, was a star within a star.

"um Ry," I mumble. my stomach suddenly quiezzy.

"yeah," Rylee sounded deep in thought.

"on your wrist, how did you get that?"

"um, I dont know how to explain it. its actually unbelievable," Rylee said quietly.

"you dreamed it didnt you," I blurted out.

"what?" rylees face went into shock.

"your arm. you dreamed you got that engraved on you," I said as serious as I could.

"yes but how did you-" Rylee silenced herself when I showed her my wrist with the similar marking.

for a moment we sat in silence, taking in each others intertwining stars. we looked up to meet each others gaze. and with a sudden change in mood, we both laugh as loud as we could.

it's hard to be serious with Rylee and keep a straight face. dont get me wrong we can have deep and meaningful conversations, it's just when we are together we find everything a comedy.

once we collected ourselves, we both ate a piece of bread and called that our dinner. neither of us were all that hungry. the events before today were blurring our take on reality.

soon after the nurses came to show us back to our rooms. Rylee and I walked together mostly in silence, until we reached her room.

"goodnight Ry, I'll text you," I told her trying to fake a smile.

"okay, goodnight, marry," she did the same and walked into her room. I went down the hallway in a daze. my room seemed farther away than I remember. I was relieved when I reached it.

I stepped into my empty hospitle room and threw myself down on the bed. I opened my eyes to find something laying perfectally placed on the bed spread.

my purple sparkly makeup bag.