~chapter 21~

Evans voice fadded as he came to the end of the story. the girl Jasmine kind of did remind me of myself, ignoreing my parents warning, dieing In the place of someone I love.

"thats amazing," is all I managed to get out.

"it's not all that amazing, Mary." Evans voice was hollow.

"What do you mean.? yes it is. It's wonderful. they were willing to run away and give up everyone to be together." I told him, "besides you said it touched you."

"yea it did, it showed me weakness." it was like I was no longer talking Evan.

"how.? just because Jasmine died.?" I asked.

"Jasmine wasnt the weak one. she sacrificed everything. she gave up her life without even thinking about it. she never even thought about crying until Kuzon wanted to take her place. he was the weak one," Evan refused to look at me. I stepped towards him forcing him to look at me.

for some reason I never thought I would be the one comfoting Evan. it was usually the other way around. he didn't seem like the kind of person who could be broken, yet here he is. revealing to me how he thinks, which is something im sure no one has figured out yet.

"what are you thinking right now.?" Evan asked me.

I hesitate.

"im thinking," I start not sure how to put it into words, "how wonderful you are."

Evan attempts to hide a smile. "I'm not wonderful Marry."

"of course you are," I mumble.

"I've done things, things im not proud of." Evan walks away from me leaning against the wall near a window. I follow him.

"everyone has," I say, "it would be unhuman to have not."

Evan tenses at the word unhuman.

scilence.

my body trembles. im afraid of what comes after this.. when he decides to speak, the harsh words that may spill out of his mouth. I have grown use to harsh words. I've become nearly immune to them. but Evan however, I care what he thinks of me. although im not sure why. I know I shouldn't. I know there is nothing between us other than the fact that he has made it his purpose to keep me from Sebastion to save the world from the threat of demons invading. that is all.

"Evan," I say. fighting the urge to place my hand on his perfect cheek.

he glances at me almost like it's too painful to look at me directly. instead he shifts his weight and continues to stare at the stars. I do the same.

"so where is this heart with the J and K in it.?' I ask curiously intertwining my own fingers.

he gives me a sideways smile.

"you see the moon.?" he askes.

"of course I see the moon, it overpwers the sky." I said looking to him.

"no, you think it overpowers the sky because you've never looked to the left of it." he stated so surely.

I looked beside the moon right to the left but I saw nothing. nothing but clusters of bright stars. for a moment I question if he was looing it. or if I was loosing it and I was just too blinded by him to notice..

"umm," I mumble.

Evan chuckles. "tell me what you see."

"I see bright stars." I say.

"what's different about those stars?" he askes.

"I don't know," I start but them I realize how much brighter they are than anything else in the sky, "wait how bright they are.?"

"yes, now look closer."

"I can't it's too bright," I say looking away.

"let your eyes adjust," states Evan.

I did as he said and sure enough there lay the heart drowned out in its light.