Chapter 3: Mint Chocolate Ice-Cream

Another day, another argument with Louise.

One Sunday afternoon, I was feeling really warm. The air conditioner isn't working and it would get fixed after 3 more hours. I grabbed my purple fan with lace designs at the edges and laid down on our antique sofa which uncle Nicholae brought with him after resigning his position as prince.

"I've got nothing to do." I told myself.

Then an idea popped out of my head. I stood up and went to the kitchen and opened the fridge door. Milk..., eggs..., cheese..

"Hmmm. There's nothing to get.." I frowned.

Suddenly, my eyes were captured by a small pint of mint chocolate ice cream just sitting behind the container of left over iced tea from last night. I know it's Louise's but I don't care anymore. I excitedly opened the lid and scooped a dollop of ice cream and shoved it in my mouth.

"Ahhh--- this is the life." I shouted.

I ate a few more spoonfuls when the front door opened, I was hearing footsteps and the two words that came across my head is.. "NOT GOOD."

I was planning to hide but it was too late. Louise looked at me and I knew that he is going to kill me. He stared at me for 5 seconds then he yelled,

"What are you doing to my ice cream, you idiot?"

"Stop calling me idiot!" I replied back.

You see, I don't like LOSING. Even if I know I was in the wrong. He yanks my hair and I pull his cheeks and fight like we're small children.

A few minutes later, our parents arrived, my mother walked in the living room where we're fighting and scolded us,

"*sigh*, for Pete's sake! It's been seventeen straight years we're living together as a family and yet, both of you act like 5 year olds all because of icecream!"

"but..that's my favorite and I've been saving it for today." He angrily answered while staring at me.

My mother pulled me to my room and lectured me that I should be more mature since girls mature faster and I am basically older than him.

I'M OLDER FOR 3 MINUTES!? Does that even count at all? My mother got up, told me to go to bed since there's school tomorrow then left the room. I heard some of her conversation with aunt Caroline about cutting the string and I was unhappy.

mother: "Can't you see they're fighting endlessly? I think it's for the betterment of the two families."

aunt Caroline: "NO! Don't cut the string. What will happen to our fortunes? And you.. Could you pay Kris's very expensive tuition fee?"

mother: "Okay. You got a point."

I guess she thought really hard about leaving the Gomez's alone. I can tell my mom's pretty tired of always fixing two 17 year old teenagers who fight over small things.

That's a relief. I don't want the string to be cut. :(