Chapter 5: Card Day

The following morning at breakfast, the dining room was creepingly silent.

My mom went to some kind of armory factory to check out the new weapons and how they work; (for protecting the Gomez's)

My dad went to his restaurant to sell his freshly made products;

Aunt Caroline, as always, went shopping with her friends;

And Uncle Nicholae is checking on his stocks and is busy working at his multi billionaire producing company called, "THE BIG BUCK" sounds rich too.

Eventually, I'm left with Louise, both of us are only childs so we are independent in taking care of ourselves.

I really felt guilty for eating his ice cream the other day. I don't know what he feels right now so I'm really curious. I sneakily check on him every 5 seconds while eating my cold cereal, but..

"HOW ON EARTH CAN I LOOK AT HIM WHEN HE IS DESPERATELY COVERING HIS FACE WITH THE NEWSPAPER?!"

I'm still staring at him when suddenly, he puts his newspaper down and stares at me. He caught me staring! I almost choked the whole piece of fruit loop out.

"What are you looking at?" he asked while raising one of his eyebrows. 

"Well..obviously not you." I replied.

I flinched. What did I just say? I should be apologizing and yet, these kind of words are the ones that come out of my mouth.

*ugh* I said something without thinking.., I perhaps added fuel to the fire I already caused. I looked at his reaction but he seems not to care. He paused for a moment then continued reading the morning paper. I was finishing the last piece of fruit loop and feeling ashamed of myself when he spoke, 

"By the way, it's card day today."

That's right, How could I forget? It's the day I've always been waiting for; the day I can finally beat him in something. My eyes sparkled and I squealed with delight. I grabbed my school bag, which is a polka-dotted knapsack.

"Come on! Let's go! We'll be late!" I shouted while pulling his right arm. 

"It's 5 o' clock in the morning." he groaned. 

"Still! The school bell rings at 7 and we need two hours to prepare.." I patiently replied but running out of words. 

"Prepare for?" he asked. 

"Some stuff..." I answered. 

"Why are you so hyped up when you're going to land second place anyway?" he calmly said. 

"SHUT UP! You have no right to assume." I confidently replied.

Although, I'm quite nervous because I know myself that he's unbeatable. Eversince he came to school he has been consecutively awarded first in everything.

"Okay." He answered.

He reluctantly and was hesitant to drive me to school this early but oh well.